1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I wanted a Geddy, but finally...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JayAmel, Apr 13, 2006.

1. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Hi folks,

I had put a layaway on a Geddy Lee. But finally the shop had a MIA Jazz Bass S-1. My previous experience with this model being very bad, I got agreement from the retailer to test it intensively before buying. And there it is, sounds and play awesome ! And the S-1 switch on this one is VERY efficient.

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Jay

2. Congrats on a great looking bass. Just be sure to clean the S1 everyone now and then because they get jammed like anything.

3. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Lookin' good! I love maple fretboard Jazzes.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I thought I wanted a GL, and they are sweet, but the neck on a MIA is so nice.

5. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    As the owner of one myself, I must agree!

Congrats on the bass!

6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Wow thats too beautiful,I couldn't play it if it was mine :p

Gongrats man thats gorgeous and it must sound so good! :bassist:

7. JayAmel

JayAmel Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Carcassonne, France
    Thanks everyone !
    The pic actually does not do it justice.
    Yes, it plays and sounds very nice. Just will need a tiny adjustment that will be done in minutes so that the action gets a bit lower.
    Cheers
    Jay

8. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I'm of exactly the same feeling - I want so much to love the GL, but have moved beyond necks that thin. AB-ing it against an FSR Standard Ash Jazz I was struck by how much I preferred the "normal" J-neck and ash to alder bodies. A pair of hotter Geddy-type pickups in that and you have yourself one great bass. I'm also a smaller guy, so the downsized body of the American Deluxes that the original poster purchased is very appealing to be for a production line bass.

Basically, the concept of the GL signature works for me more than the actual bass. Perhaps one day I've have a custom "Geddy P" made up by someone like Mike Lull (this and this come to mind - the first transparent red M4V because I have a thing for Geddy's downtuned 2112 bass...

GeddyRedPP.

Congratulations on the new MIA, JayAmel - enjoy her!

9. GREAT JAZZ, Looks awesome!

10. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Took my breath away for a second!
    That looks great!

11. That is EXACTLY what my GAS Fender looks like in my head.