1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I wanted a Tumor, but I got a..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by santucci218, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Cyst. Its pretty gross looking. I feel a small lump under my skin. Its on my left shoulder. The doctor told me to wait till I have insurance and they will "lance it out." I hate shots and i don't want anybody to lance me with anything. Anybody know any home remedy's to dwindle this bastard?

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Go to YouTube, and search "Cyst". I hope you haven't eaten lunch yet.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
  4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Surely it won't be covered by your insurance if you get it at a later date because its a pre-existing condition?

5. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    lol, i dont want to cut it open myself. ide pass out and smack my head off the toilet. i mean like, some form of cream or something. I'll post pictures tonight for sure.

6. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    hmm. does that happen? the doctor didnt say anything about that... :eyebrow:

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    just stop the excessive fapping otherwise it'll never go away. You're lucky you're not blind as well.

On a serious note - I seem to remember reading that they can disappear on their own given time. Call your doc and ask if that's the case.

8. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    It's such a minor surgery that you won't even feel it. Get it done at your doctor's...

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    See, insurance is basically a form of gambling. You give the insurer money (or your employer does) and says, "I bet you that I am going to get sick", the insurer takes your money and says "I don't think you are going to get sick and, if you do, the odds that it will cost me (overall) more than I receive taking bets from people like you are low". Now, if you have a pre-existing condition that needs treatment, what are the odds that the insurer will have to pay out? 100% - so they are not generally prepared to take that bet (unless its a low cost condition - which yours might be). So you should definetly check whether a cyst is covered under pre-existing conditions or not, otherwise it might be excluded and you will have to pay for it yourself.

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    all true, but it also depends on what the doc reports to the insurance company. Most docs have a heart and will work with you on stuff like that.

11. Just be glad its not in one of your balls. Probably one of the scariest moments of my life. I've never been so relieved in my life when I was told it was just a cyst.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Insurance fraud? I'm not sure i'd want to be a party to that.

13. D Rokk

D Rokk Banned

Feb 19, 2009
    Delta Quadrant
    if ur doctor is having you wait until you have insurance he isnt going to report it to the insurance company as a pre existing condition..

as far as insurance is gambling.. i cant agree more.. if i had insurance i'd be at the doctors for every sideways fart just to make sure i'm getting the most out of the money being put in.. there's a reason insurace is a billion dollar industry

14. Hey, I wanted a cold, but got either bronchitis or pneumonia...too early to tell, so they're treating with something that will take out both (really, just got back from the doc :meh: )...your cyst will be fine, suck it up Nancy.

;)

15. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Happens all the time. With major conditions and such, obviously not, but a cyst, a cold, something minor...sure. I don't know that it's worth the time and effort on the insurance co's part to investigate every such claim.

16. Some cysts go away on their own, others will keep coming back regardless of what you do to them.

17. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
  18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    ive done some research and purchased some "random drugs" to see if it will go down at all. worst comes to worst, ill go to the doctor in a few months.

19. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    that second video was HORRIBLE. HOLY ****!

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Hey, i ordered a hamburger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.