Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I was at school for 13 hours today.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Aug 7, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    We sat outside all freaking day. I played bass all freaking day through a roland keyboard amp. now I have to drag my amp to school tommorow.

We are way behind on the songs.

but the food was awsome.

AND! I get to hang out with marimba playing chicks all day.... so that rules.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    how did you play your bass outside ? did you have a generator ?

oh wait, we don't care.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    See, at a school, there are these things called "buildings". And on the buildings, are power outlets. Some inside, some out.

Get it?

4. :eek: that was harsh! probably just used an extension cord, at least thats what i do in marching band.

i care bout ya money man! actually ive been goin through the same for the past 3 weeks, but at least i get to use a decent amp (fender bassman 100) but sadly, all the hot/cute girls in my band are on the field and color guard, not in the pitt :(

btw: do they make band boot camp for you? i ran a total of 13/14 laps around a whole football field today, did at least 50 jumping jacks (not that bad, but we do the 1-2-3-1-1-2-3-3 so it was actually 150!) and did tons of push ups all because some lame asses kept messin up and not doing what they were supposed to do (if anyone messes up everyone gets punished to "build a family atmosphere" :meh: it doesnt make me love em, makes me wanna MURDER them) anyways, good luck this season, hopefully we will be kickass this year, we already have the whole show on the field (they just started putting the drill on the field last week) and are running the whole show a few times a day, and our show is about 10 mins long :eek: oh well, its an interesting experience to say the least =] have fun with it

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    No Def. Our teacher loves us and wants to keep us happy. Which is why we came in the top 20 at the nationals in ohio.

6. sweetness

sadly we only get to do in state stuff (local competitions, lower state and state finals) though we are always in the top 4 lower state and top 6/7 state, which is pretty good out of 57 4-a bands (and we have had a band under 100 people for the past few years, we go up against bands 3 tiems our size, and sometimes we win! i guess all the discipline helps get us so clean and close to perfection)

7. Lemme guess. Marching band? I know I had to go through all that hell too. Playing outside for 13 hours under the hot sun, dragging the school amp around (or your amp if its big enough), playing the same freaking line over and over and over until all of the marching band gets it right, being yelled at by the instructors all day. The list can go on and on, im just glad im out of it now.

Oh yea soon enough all the whiners and complainers are going to come out at their worst once you've done a month or two of repetitive practice. Seriously, the kids in the marching band (atleast mine) did nothing but complain about relationships inside the marching band, how they dont get a long enough break, how the teacher yells too much, how the pit section gets it "easy" because they don't have to march, why samantha is a b word because she told janie that bob doesn't like her and blah blah freaking blah. Get out while you still can Mike, for the love of god GET OUT!!!

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I can't get out. Everything is paid for.

9. Look at the bright side guys...You get to play bass :D

10. Well, just don't get sucked into the Marching band drama that happened EVERY FREAKING YEAR I was in it. Don't make eye contact, don't talk to any girls other than the ones in the pit and in the Color guard, and DO NOT date any of them. I know from experience, it will be HELL!

11. Dude...I cannot stay in school for more than 6.5 hours...and you stayed in there for 13?! With or without bass...I don't care.

Man...school sucks so bad. I just got my schedule yesterday.

Turns out I got welding...so Maybe I'll make a metal bass to cut through the boredum?:meh:

-Jon:oops:

12. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    The longest that I have ever stayed at school is 18 hours from 7:30 in the morning until 1:30 in th morning.

Yesterday I was at school for 3 hours but it was in football pads and it was about 109 degrees with a 117 heat index so it seemed like 10 hours.

13. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    Yeah, like ... uhh... school suxors ... 'n stuff... dood.

Oh, but wait!.. when you get out, you get to go to work. Fun!
    My longest day at work to date was a 31 hour shift.... yeah, that was special.

14. )first day of school down, 179 more to go till graduation :D i was actually surprised at how much i like my teachers and classes, this is my schedule

AP english
    AP calculus
    Physics honors
    gov & eco honors
    office assistant
    percussion ensemble (i get to beat on trash cans :D )
    jazz band

sadly physics and jazz band dont start until 2nd semester. but things are good, i get to go to both lunches (thanks to office assistant) and all my classes have tons of chicks (;)) and friends, and my teachers are all great. should be a good year, hopefully a fast one too =]

15. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    ooooh.....do I smell a metallica cover band coming into existance? :D

16. I'd much rather hang out with girls that are very proffecient with their bongo's.;)

17. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001

That was funny...made my day...

...and you. you be nice to them!

18. hehe, My school doesn't start for a month

19. hehe, My school doesn't start for a month.

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Wow. 14 hours today.

Story time!

We got a lecture about PDA the other day, and Mr. Kuyper was telling us how he didnt care what we did when we were not on his time, but to stay G rated when we were. Then he said that it is not like he and his wife do not go straight to the back row at the movies, then told us about their little trip to see seabiscit.

Today we all did skits.

The pit's skit was like a party, and 2 people had people behind them and the people behind were using their arms and stuff.
    It started out with the "party goers" just shootin the poop, and one of the girls was all "Anyone see any good movies lately?" and me and katies lines were to say how cool seabiscit was except for the wierd people behind us who were gettin their mack on. Then I said "It was crazy, I heard all these horse noises, but couldnt tell if they were from the movie or from the creepy adults behind us."

Ya. your right. that joke sucked.