1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

i was at the markets the other day and i bought this for 20 bucks

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Icey101, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Haha! My guitarist owns a Hello Kitty guitar. He's actually played it live too.

2. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Awesome! You should SO gig with it!

3. BBox Bass

BBox Bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    NW Pennsylvania
    At that price, I wouldn't have passed it up either! If it doesn't turn out to be a collector's item, it would make a nice gift for a young cash-strapped Hannah fan looking to take up guitar.

Sometimes the cheap novelty instruments are surprisingly good. I have a sparkly purple Daisy Rock Debutante that was as cheap as they come (though not $20). I replaced the tuners and pickups and now it rocks. So here's a serious question: How does your guitar play and sound?

4. it plays like a 20 buck second hand chinese axe found in the markets....

i could fiddle with the action, maybe slip some hotrails into it and give it a second life, electronics aint to bad. I like the way the hannah montana words are set in the laquer so they wont scratch off and theres stars embeded in the fret board. The 3/4 scale alla rickenbacker is a novelty too..... i like it, i'd like to form a comedy rock band one day and play it for that

5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

THAT is the best instrument for metal!!!

6. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    now you can buy one of these....

http://www.amazon.com/Disney-Hannah-Montana-Speaker-Players/dp/B000X2LDAQ

but don't buy it for 80 bucks. i bought three of them (for 20 each), one i kept for my daughter. i put some switching outputs on them. when you plug into them, they turn off the crappy 3" speakers and route the sound into two 1x8 cabs i made ( two for each of the two i sold). now it looks like this... the other two i left the cosmetic stuff in place, and sold them with cabs. so, six total boxes i made, sold four (and two of the amps), so my daugters amp and cabs were paid for by the sales. she uses the mp3 input for a keyboard with drum tracks and "bass lines", plugs her guitar and a mic in, and puts on "shows" for us. awesome. who says rocksmith isn't a good learning tool. pshhht.

purplefr_zps2558a127.

i made a few cosmetic changes to the head, like removing the flowers and painting the faceplate, and removing the hannah figure from the sides. not bad, though. three audio inputs, one with a little echo, all with their own volume, and a master.

7. nice job, very retro