Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I was charged by a knife wielding idiot today..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yoshi, Dec 11, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    ..andit was my 11 yr old brother :eek:

The little b*****d was being an arsewipe, refusing to go to school etc (like most days). He then attacked my mum as she tried herding him into the car so I interviened.

He then started faliling out, so I socked him one, at which point the little syco legged it to the kitchen draw, hauled out a massive, sharp, pointy kinfe and charged my direction. No need to say I ran the other way with this fat b*****d chasing me - I could see in his face he was intent on sticking me one.

Any I manged to get myself stuck behind a door and eventually disarm him.

The worst news is though, I punched him again and in the prcoess I thik I've bust something in my knuckle, it REALLY hurts (no more than a slit jugular though I bet).

Whats with kids these days?

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's not just "kids these days" man. Sounds like some deeper problems at play. I think your brother really needs some kind of help...possibly psychological attention.

brad cook

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    violence is usually answered with more violence pal.....what were you expecting when you punched an already violent person?

i don't think you need to be the one asking what is wrong with kids these days....

-Mike

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

5. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    File charges against him as well.

Attempted murder.

Maybe that will wise him up.

6. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    yeh his brother gets pissed at him and he puts him in jail for life, what lesson will that teach him? not to get angry? anger is a human emotion, grow up.

7. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    The ability to control that anger is what makes one human, and to be unable to control it automatically bars one from society. Grow up.

8. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN

9. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i think he needs a good ole' Texas 20 gallon can of whop' ass! send em' over, we'll learn him...

:D ;)

poor kid probably needs some help.

10. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yoshi, just promise me that your family is not going appear on one of those "My pre-teen makes me fear for my life" episodes for the Montell Williams show. You know, the episodes where the kids talk smack to everybody, they always wind up trashing the green room, and at the end they get sent to boot camp. Please don't let that become you.

11. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I wouldn't have hit him in the first place (I don't think), but I would've blasted the little **** if he came at me with a knife. An 11 year old should know that's not something to mess around with. However, like someone else said, deeper problems....

12. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    It appears that that situation could have been easily prevented if you didn't hit him. If you hit your brother like that regularly, I wouldn't be surprised that he acts out like that. Violence doesn't solve anything. I bet he just has even more anger than from this morning. You might want to get some form of professional help for him, and ease off the violence and use an effective means of persuasion.

13. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    that was actually the first time ive clubbed him in ages - hence the hurt finger due to poor technique :oops:

I'm just staying out of it to be honest, I was just home from uni at the time it happened so don't know whats been going on really.

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    The problem with kids these days?

They don't understand what the word "No" means. Oh, they hear it, sure. But if they whine, cry, scream, hit or annoy long enough, eventually they get thier way. So "No" doesn't really mean no to them, it means 'act up in some way until you get your way'.

Sometimes, the only way to deal with violence is with force. Enough force to get the situation under control. Your brother sounds like he needs real help, but that doesn't mean you (or his parents) have to be the patsy and let him get away with whatever he wants to do.

I'd have tanned his a$$, too. There have to be rules, and consequences for breaking those rules. Otherwise, you get anarchy. Those of you who don't have kids yet (Or those of you with small kids), it's better to learn this now.

/soapbox

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    /agree

16. Sure, violence begets violence and we can argue about whether yoshi should've punched his brother or not, but this makes the decision for me:
    I don't have a brother, but if I did and he attacked my mom, he's getting hit :mad:

DigMe is absolutely right, this is not normal "kids these days" behavior, especially if he regularly acts out in other ways too (you mentioned, for example, refusing school on most days...). Yoshi, I hope you and your mom get your brother some psychological help soon...hopefully before he pulls a knife on somebody else who WILL get his ass thrown in juvie...:meh:

17. Haha...you socked him one.

I wanna do that to my brother...but I don't wanna piss off my mom:meh:

Good luck w/ sleeping in the same household as a serial killer;)

18. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    In general or do you wanna go alphabetical?
    A friend of mine blames it 'all the drugs the parents took/smoked'.

You think you had a hard day?
    I got my butt kicked twice today...all before 5:00am, too. Just another day at the office.

FWIW-
    I agree with Packer's response.

19. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Here is my opinion:
    While I do think it's funny as hell that you beat the crap outta him (what else are siblings for?), I think you should seriously look into getting him some psychological help, and if that doesn't work, simply send his @$$ to boot camp to learn some respect. If all that fails...hit him some more I guess.