Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I was given an offer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Antipop, Oct 3, 2002.

1. ok, I really don't know what this bass is worth...
    it is an Ibanez SR1000, the oldish model (I believe it is an early 90's), skinny neck, PJ EMG pickups and a nice body.
    It has some headstock wear on it, fretboard wear and a couple of nicks on the back of the body, though it is still in great shape and the thing sounds great...

Anyways not knowing what it is worth, I was offered $700 Canadian for it (roughly just under $450 american). Regardless of what I paid (which was less) I want to know if I could get more for it (the money is going towards some stacks so if I can get it, I would like to know)

Thank you for my ramble

2. sorry, this should probably be in Basses but I was in misc. when I remembered to type it and forgot to go to Basses...my apologies (and I dont know how to move it)

3. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    If my memory is correct, the SR-1000 had an ash body, 3-piece maple neck, ebony fretboard, and EMG's. Certainly on the higher-end of the SR-scale.

The resale value for SR's isn't great right now (I'm researching for a friend who's looking to sell his 800), and the wear 'n tear you describe would lower the value, but $450 U.S. sounds like a pretty good price for one. (800's are averaging $300)

I suppose it all depends on how much the bass is worth to you vs. you financial needs.

4. that's the thing, what it means to me...it is a freaking nice bass and I like to play but it's really just a metal/rock bass... on the other hand, if I sell it, Ill buy stacks and will not have anything that can be used as a practise amp.

Thanks for th advice, btw, you nailed the dcription of that bass quite well. though other than the top of the headstock, the wear is not that noticiable... it passed me by for abou a month

5. Man you lost me somewhere. The price you were offered is a pretty good price for an older used Ibanez. What I don't understand is how selling this bass and buying stacks will cause you to loose your practice amp???:confused:

6. I really don't know why I typed that, I was seriously typing that while running to the bathroom to throw up... I am feeling better now, all my posts from last night really made no sense