Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I was quoted $4,200 for a USA Lakland DJ 4, is that right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Dec 31, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    I honestly didn't know they costed as much as an NYC Sadowsky.

Is this the real 'street' price or do they want me to pay the list price here?

Is this dealer right or are they trying to rip me off?

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    that is list price, street should be anywhere between $2750 and $3000.
    Steve 'Dude' Barr at vintage bass trading (http://www.vintagebass.com) has the best prices I know of on lakland

3. i think they're trying to rip you off, but i'm not COMPLETELY sure. that sounds like a list price to me. street price i think would be around $3,000. i havnt really looked at the US made series price though. but i'm still pretty sure thats $500-$700 more than it needs to be for street

4. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    That's list price. Email Dude...he'll hook you up.

5. djcruse

djcruse

Jun 3, 2002
    Norwood, MA
    That's the 2005 retail price. The net price will be less. The exact net price will differ somewhat dealer to dealer.

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I just love my DJ4. I would put up that kind of $$ for a USA DJ before I would a Sadowsky NYC (or a 60's vintage refin). What kind of colors do you guys like for a USA DJ? I think surf green + rosewood would be pretty cool! I dropped NJ4SE's in my DJ and it sounds great.

Will

7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I just checked the website. Their was no mention of a USA DJ, are they a custom Item. I've never seen or heard of any that weren't skylines. I know they do the JO in both US and Skyline but I thought the DJ was Skyline only.

8. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    If you look in the newest issue of Bassplayer, it mentions that Adam Clayton has US made Daryl Jones basses. He has one on the cover. That issue also mentions Adrian Garcia in the editor's section!

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It also said his USA Daryl Jones basses are custom made. The article doesn't say the basses are USA made, but the pictures clearly shows the Lakland USA logo.

10. I read at the Dudepit that Lakland is indeed offering a US DJ.

11. fatsobasso

fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    hmm,well adam clayton can get whatever he want's,iv'e never seen a usa dj4,played a korean dj4 at bass central and was not impressed by the feel of it but it was well made.

12. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I'd listen to the Lakland Webmaster when he says that's list.