1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

i was robbed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jonathan_matos5, Sep 9, 2008.

1. i had a $1500 trombone stolen from my car last night. the one night i decide hey it will be safe this %^&* happens to me.

:bawl:

im totally screwed here because i dont have the serial number written down anywhere. all i have is the make Eastman model # ETB432G and a pic

TROMBONE1.

im waiting for the police to show up i feel like i was violated.

if you are in the tulsa area and you see a trombone like mine anywhere besides tulsa band PM me.:bawl::bawl:

2. Have you checked with that crazy chick?

Sounds like something only a crazy person would steal...

Seriously - sorry about that man. I hope you get it back.

3. i do to. i just finished filing a police report. im gonna have to call all over town to see if a pawnshop has it.

4. Thieves are the lowest form of life on this earth. I hope you get your horn back man (trombone is my favorite brass instrument). It's a beauty.

And I hope whoever stole it gets a beating.

5. this is depressing.

6. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Have them put an APB out on a crazed out crack ho...

...seriously, who else in their "right" mind would steal a trombone?!?

:bag:

Hope you catch the twerp and get your horn back!

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I am very sorry for your loss Jon , I hope Justice is done.

8. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    Was it rusty :ninja:

Sorry to hear it man. I hope you get it back, and in one piece.

Maybe you should ask jraj what witchdoctor he used to get his Benavente back.

9. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I hate hearing about things being stolen...it just infuriates me...

Fan the pawnshops in your area...Maybe get the yellow pages out and call every one of them thats listed...chances are that's where it will show up...

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    this is really frustrating, sorry to hear it dude. Definitely check local pawnshops and such

11. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    This reminds me of one of my favorite musician jokes:

One night in New York City, a trombone player suddenly realizes that he accidentally left his trombone in his car. He runs outside, only to find that his window has been smashed, and now he's got two trombones in the back seat.

12. i cant call these places until thursday when the phone company fixes the line. i visited one but no luck and gas is too expensive to drive to 50 or more pawn shops.

13. This stinks!!! Borrow a friend's phone and call all the pawn shops. You need to do this TODAY - NOW.

This is a big reason that you ALWAYS carry renter's insurance. It will cover that instrument unless you're using it professionally...and maybe even then, if that use isn't visible.

You DO have renter's insurance, right??

14. no renters insurance and i do use it professionally :(

i dont have a backup either.:bawl:

no friends phone to borrow. im the neighbor people have been borrowing the phone from.:meh:

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Sad to hear this man.

PITA-mode/

I'm not saying that you deserved this or anything, but you hear so so often about gear being stolen out of cars. Somehow I'm amazed still leave their expensive gear in the trunk of their car. I've often hauled my bass around after a gig just because I didn't want to put in the trunk. So people, if you have a nice instrument, don't leave it in the car!

/off

16. I even got a synth stolen in a rehearsal room that was locked .. and only one band rehearsing/caring for the contract (ie none but them had keys to it). A friend of mine (one of my best mates) was in the band for a while and after a concert we did together I let some stuff hang in their rehearsal as it was supposed to be safe .. My friend asked around of course, but NO ONE in the band knew anything ...

Never leave stuff out of sight unless it's family or real friends ...

D.Don

17. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I learned the same lesson a few months ago. Lost about $1800 worth of pedals/board/associate gear in my pedal board bag, but a few pedals ended up being recovered at the local GC.

Keep your eyes OPEN, like wide open, these things have an odd way of showing up in funny places. Definitely check with the pawn shops. In boston at least, there is a pawn unit with the police department that keeps track of all the used merch that comes into pawn shops and they were pretty helpful.

Best of luck to you.

18. I'm really sorry to hear that. Money is obviously an issue - but you need to get on those pawn shops. The closest ones to the incident ought to be first on your list. Thieves are often really stupid.

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
  20. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Lessons learned:
    1) Write the serial number down, preferably on the bill of sale.
    2) Use the macro feature of your camera to take a picture of the serial number.
    3) Keep pictures with bill of sale in a safe place
    4) Get insurance.
    5) Lug that sucker around rather than leave it in the car.