Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I was wondering if...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MiguidedBassist, Feb 24, 2005.

1. MiguidedBassist

MiguidedBassist

Feb 20, 2005
    Any of you have owned or tried the Peavey Mark III bass head. And if you have any comments on it...

2. A lot of people here have or had the Mark 3, and love it or miss it. Really heavy but extremely durable and tough as nails. I have a mark 8 and I love it...although it's heavier than my 6x10 haha.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Had one. Was a great head. I missed it. Not much power, but it sounded amazing. I'd take it over almost anything.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i had a mark IV impossible to kill. 210 into 4 ohms, 300 into 2 ohms. not the best tone, not the worst. they should still work in 2156 AD.

5. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    Have owned one (Mark IV) since 1981. A tad noisey at boosted high's, a bit mid-addicted, and, an ultra touchy compressor. Old tech for sure, but modern active p/u's conquer the drawbacks. MHO

6. MiguidedBassist

MiguidedBassist

Feb 20, 2005
    I was just wondering what everyone else thought. This one is nothing but reliable. More power than I need, running a single black widow 18" and 2 10's for my high end. It rocks.

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Generally I like the old PV stuff. The older and funkier the better. I Like the Mark III, but my favorite so far just says "PEAVEY Bass" not Mark anything, has a bunch of knobs and 4 inputs. Goes pretty darn loud, nice clean sound but distorts as it gets turned up, played it flat out and scared the rest of the band. Scared me a bit too.