Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I watched most of the Beatles Anthology Yesterday!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 23, 2005.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Due to the return of the rain i went down to the Library and i was suprised to see they have the Beatles Anthology DVD Collection so i checked it out and got to watch most of it yesterday, what a great documentation of them i throughly enjoyed it.Watching this anthology yesterday gave me a better insight into the chemistry and diversity within the beatles and how their personalitys worked off of each other. I would Highly recomend watching this Anthology to any music lover. :hyper: :bassist:

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I think the DVD is worth it for the footage alone. Really worth it, like you said. Seeing George Harrison alive and well also feels nice.

The interesting thing is, there's also an "Unauthorized" Beatles bio out there and it's also pretty interesting. It features interviews with Tony Sheridan (!) and others not seen in the Anthology. I don't own it myself, I caught highlights of it being broadcast on my local WB station (!). Not a great production, but still interesting.

3. Best DVD set I've ever owned. $52 I'd spend again.

4. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow only $52 ?, thats a great deal. :bassist:

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the head up.