Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I went skiing today! Oct 29th!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phil Mastro, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    I went down to the eastern townships this weekend with my folks, in Sutton more precisely, and as some of you Canadians and Quebecers may know, mother nature dumped quite a bit of snow there during the week. Around 13" in Sutton on wednesday night.

So saturday we take a leisurely walk up the mountain, which is completely white, and these 2 dudes come down the mountain on skis! So me and my dad are like "HOLY CRAPOLA"! So we decided to walk up the mountain and ski down the next day. Which we did today. Which was totally wicked. It took us about 90 minutes to get up there, and the snow was wet and heavy and it only took us about 5 minutes to go down, but I had an awesome time. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And the best part of it I think is when we were traversing (on skis) back to get to our car, and we'd see the faces of people walking up. You could see the disbelief in their faces. I tried not to, but I couldn't help but smile and laugh.
    Oh and october 29th is also the earliest I've ever skied at the beginning of the season.

Anyone excited about the upcoming ski season? I can't wait the chairlifts to open... I'm also taking up telemarking this season. This year is gonna be a good one, I can feel it...

2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    ... and we just turned off our air conditioners two days ago :D

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Sadly, I gave up skiing for music.

I couldn't afford 2 expensive 'hobbies' that took loads of equipment cash and time.

I remember actually sitting down and making the decision...

On a good note, I made the right choice.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep. I just got home from a ski and snowboard show up in Seattle today. We loaded up on some new gear, and looked into some travel packages. It looks like we are heading to Park City, Utah next month for a week!!

-Mike