Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I went to the guitar Center in Miami and bought a.......

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FractalUniverse, Jul 19, 2002.

1. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    .....no i haven't bought anything.... but..... I'm in Miami, what's the cool thing about that???...... well, I'm from Chile, in south America, and i'm staying at my uncle's house..... I have been in Mars music and in Guitar center, and can't believe all the basses i have played..... i tried a 7 strings groove tools and wouldn't mind to try an 8 strings( bring it to me John Turner i think i can manage that double neck monster you have!!!!), that was cool, but i didn't liked the sound of that bass too much, maybe the strings were too old(i really didn't look at the strings), don't know, i prefer the zon fretless that i tried, that one had a really heavy sound, but sounded nice, love that "plastic" neck(was it graphite????),, love those harmonics. I also tried a pedulla thunder bass neck-thru, was cool... but not me, i felt more comfortable with a Warwick(can't remember what warwick) that i tried, it was used, but has a great bright sound, (there are a lot of Warwicks in Chile, that's why it wasn't new for me. If you look at the warwick catalogue Jorge Campos has a double necked Warwick, look at the pictures, that guy is from chile and i have seen that bass alive and screaming notes, everyone has warwicks here), I also tried a Warwick Thumb neck-thru with the coolest bubinga i have seen on a bass... but *#@*t* it was heavy...... the strings were also too high..... but it sounded cool... I wanted to try some modulus basses at Mars music, but they seemed too high, so i let them where they were, but in the same store i tried some curbows (un-plugged) they were cool, but not the high end ones i have seen in TB, but they had bart on them.....
    Every Fender i have tried were fretless(don't know why did i pick them without checking if they were fretless or fretted, i looked at the prices first, because i don't like the look of fenders.....) also they were with flatwounds..... hate that sound... seemed that the strings were too old..... I also tried a really shiny finished Music Man, but didn't liked the sound, it was really expensive....

Man, this have been a real bass adventure for me, because in my country the only high end basses you can find are warwicks, catalogue orders(some schecters, etc), ibanez or custom made(a lot of them, i also have one made by this luthier, www.orrego.com, too few pictures there, he has better works...)

I'm going to take a lot of pictures of me playing with those basses... man i'm happy!!!!

I bought two Victor Wooten records, A show of Hands and Yin Yang, love those ones!!!!
    I'm going to buy a comfort strap also, and i'm looking for Tuning machines for my bass, but i can't find them.
    Women are WOW!!! god bless america!!!
    everyone speakas spanish..... but the weather is hot.... the air is really heavy.... can't understand the traffic lights, i have walked a lot!!!! a lot of avenues to cross..... a lot of food to eat
    If someone lives in miami please tell me, i want to meet some TBassers

2. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Hey Evil bass player, i'm going to try those MTD kingston for you.....

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey, you need to find a way to Orlando.

If you think Mars & GC are cool, you need to come here!!!

:D

4. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    me wants to go to orlando!!!(there are incredibly huge stores in my country, but only ibanez, warwick and custom basses...)... now, can i manage that???? If i go to Orlando... where i'm going to stay????? i think i will sleep on the street... do i have money for the bus???
    now if i go walking...

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, there are a couple of SoFlo TBers, maybe you should try to arrange a mini-TB convention/Bass Central field trip?

6. Believe me... they are a dream.... :D

Why?! 5 times in Miami, 1 in NY, 1 in New Orleans... and now... when GAS hurts... i can't go to the US... damn...:rolleyes:

Well... enjoy your stay in Miami comrade :D !

EBP

7. You can stay on my shared-time vacation room on Embassy Vacation Resort for 3 weeks if you want... the only think i ask to you is a Kingston Heir 5 in Tobacco Sunburst ;)

EBP

8. FractalUniverse

FractalUniverse Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    Valparaíso, Chile
    .... no he visto ningun mtd, ahora si me quieres invitar a tu super resort, bien!!

9. Don't worry, if you bring to me a cheap ESP LTD F-205 as gift i will be pleased and the room keys are yours :D

Also, you can check Bass Central, they have a lot of nice MTDs, 100% sure.

EBP