I will have roughly $800 and....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Ampeg head, Ampeg cab

3 vote(s)
  2. Hartke head Ampeg cab

0 vote(s)
  3. Ampeg head Avatar cab

4 vote(s)
  4. Hartke head, Avatar cab

4 vote(s)
  1. Want to know what rig I should try to get, and which one would be roughly 800 or less
  2. The cabs would be Ampeg=some 2x10 Avatar 2x10 or 2x12. And I am looking for volume and very flexible tone. A good sound for rock funk and funkrock, VERY versitile tone

Thanks;) :bassist:
  3. You know, I'm thinking of pairing up my Ampeg with an Avatar cab...probably a 212.
  4. I would like to get an ampeg head (used) and 2 2x10's ampeg or avatar (used). And by used I mean used not abused. I wonder if I could get all that for under $800?
  5. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    The rig to get is the one that sounds best to you. We could all say Ampeg/Avatar or Hartke, but you may Hate the sound of it. Use your ears and let them be your guide. There are also quite a few options that you havent mentioned. I dont know if you have tried them or not, but if you havent then I suggest you try them as well. My reason for this is, you may buy the Ampeg/Avatar, then hear lets say an Eden and like it even more than what you bought.

Also shoot Gard a pm he may be able to help swing you a good deal on some really good amps.
  6. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    My first rig: (all used gear)

Ampeg B-2R................ $400
    Ampeg SVT-115EN.... $270
    SKB 4sp rack case.......$ 60
    Furman PL-8.................$ 70

That's what I paid, so yeah.. it can be done, but you've gotta dig for the deals. Of course it's been expanded upon now... cuz I can't STOP finding deals.. whether I can afford 'em or not.:D
  7. I could try to get a used b2r and get 2 used 210he cabs, and for practice use one at 8 ohms and 200 watts, and with gigs use 2 at 4 ohms and 350
  8. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
  9. Anything I buy is probably gonna be something out of Daddy's or some other local store, I am still kinda shakey about buying stuff online, so that's about it. Plus I would like to try it out before I buy it
  10. I swear this is the last time, but I need as much information as I can get ...BumP...