1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I will have roughly $800 and....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Ampeg head, Ampeg cab

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Hartke head Ampeg cab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ampeg head Avatar cab

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Hartke head, Avatar cab

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Want to know what rig I should try to get, and which one would be roughly 800 or less

2. The cabs would be Ampeg=some 2x10 Avatar 2x10 or 2x12. And I am looking for volume and very flexible tone. A good sound for rock funk and funkrock, VERY versitile tone

Thanks;) :bassist:

3. ..Bump..

4. You know, I'm thinking of pairing up my Ampeg with an Avatar cab...probably a 212.

5. I would like to get an ampeg head (used) and 2 2x10's ampeg or avatar (used). And by used I mean used not abused. I wonder if I could get all that for under $800?

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    The rig to get is the one that sounds best to you. We could all say Ampeg/Avatar or Hartke, but you may Hate the sound of it. Use your ears and let them be your guide. There are also quite a few options that you havent mentioned. I dont know if you have tried them or not, but if you havent then I suggest you try them as well. My reason for this is, you may buy the Ampeg/Avatar, then hear lets say an Eden and like it even more than what you bought.

Also shoot Gard a pm he may be able to help swing you a good deal on some really good amps.

7. Mike A

Mike A Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2002
    Kentucky
    My first rig: (all used gear)

Ampeg B-2R................ $400
    Ampeg SVT-115EN.... $270
    SKB 4sp rack case.......$ 60
    Furman PL-8.................$ 70
    -----------
    =$800

That's what I paid, so yeah.. it can be done, but you've gotta dig for the deals. Of course it's been expanded upon now... cuz I can't STOP finding deals.. whether I can afford 'em or not.:D

8. I could try to get a used b2r and get 2 used 210he cabs, and for practice use one at 8 ohms and 200 watts, and with gigs use 2 at 4 ohms and 350

9. ..el bumpo..

10. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
  11. Anything I buy is probably gonna be something out of Daddy's or some other local store, I am still kinda shakey about buying stuff online, so that's about it. Plus I would like to try it out before I buy it

12. I swear this is the last time, but I need as much information as I can get ...BumP...