I wish I was not broke...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pc, Jul 27, 2002.

1. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    My bass teacher is selling this beauty!! Handmade by ElRoi Guitars
    Fast neck, well balanced... if I wasn't broke, she would be mine. believe it or not. Only 450 USD!!!

Ok, Its a 35" unlined fretless. I've been playing 34's for the past 18 years, but who cares???

Plays like a dream. I couldn't check the sound pretty well, because the only available amplifier was my teacher's sound card + reciever...

Anyway... I'm waiting for my annual bonus at work... :D

2. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
  3. Listen

May 19, 2002
    It's so ugly that I like it, that's so non-fenderish, I LIKE IT!
  4. That headstock looks like some one sneezed, and that is what was left over!

Other than that, it's cool, but not something I would play.
  5. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I agree with ChaosGwar, it is sorta ugly. But you could easily paint it green and shape it into a clover!
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think it looks very elegant. The non-adjustable bridge makes me pause, but that's the compromise you make when you're going for a wood theme. Very nice bass.
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Well, it is definitely different, I'll give it that!:) Not my cup of tea, but to each his own. Hope you can come up with the cash to get it.
  8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I wouldnt be bothered by the non adjustable bridge. Its a fretless, so its not like you cant compenste with your hands.

What does worry me however is the headstock. It looks like anything could snap it off.

It is a beauty though!

9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Actually Elroi Makes some cool looking basses. Just checking the site out, and that's either custom, or a prototype that never say day. Either way, nice bass. That floating strap pin at the bridge is the only thing that bothers me.
  10. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I'm not totally sold on the headstock, either, but I really like the rest of it. $450 sounds like a great deal, too...

11. I've never seen a bass where the pickup and fingerboard are that close. interesting..
  12. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    come on this bass is just ugly!!!
  13. Still bitter about Brazil winning the World Cup *or France not scoring?* :p

I like the bass! When I get a fretless, it'll be something that looks this *weird*
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  15. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    definately not my thing.

But what the heell, different strokes...
  16. I could only get into the Gallery page. This doesn't resemble the usual models shown, however, I like the one string bass! Simplicity!
  17. weird, but i like it!

i'm gonna have to get some wood pots on my next bass they look great!

18. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    Needs frets, plastic knobs, some Barts, a Gotoh bridge and a little more classic headstock and body.
  19. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC
    Actually I didn't like the headstock that much, and that rear end looks kinda fragile.

I saw a 4 string with a headstock that looked similar to those sbv's yamahas, very tasty! :cool:

I would put a piezo on it, just to go further on the weirdo territory! :eek:

My teacher is redesigning(sp?) Elroi's home page, so there will be new stuff in a few days! (including these pics :D )
  20. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001