I wish reading music was this easy..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by JRBrown, Oct 26, 2004.

1. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Subject: I CAN READ THIS...CAN YOU?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I can raed it wtih no pborelms.
  3. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    seen that before - very cool. The other interesting thing is that people tend to look at the tops of letters to determine what they are. Cover up the top half of a portion of text and a person will have a much harder time reading it than if you cover up the bottom half.
  5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    incidentally, one of the reasons reading music can be challenging for some people is because they try and read note for note and forget about the bigger picture.
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Tihs was pstoed a few mnohts ago.
  7. Which is why most of those kids you knew in high school that just played in the schools band couldn't play there damn instruments out of that school band.

I know there are exceptions, but a good portion of the people in orchestral school bands know jack s*** about theory.

Me:"Yep, Lydian flat 7"
    Them:"Who's Lydia? Who's she flatting?"
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    It's spelled Lydian, and it comes from the name Lydia :p

9. I knew I mispelled that. [or did I]

Oh well, I really need to be inventing th Tourian mode, as a dissonant tribute to Metroid.
  10. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    sounds like you already have.