Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I won a Fender Jazz Bass off Ebay. Check it out.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Jan 6, 2002.

1. This is the jazz bass I won. And here is the description the person who was selling it put with it.
    This a fender Jazz bass, mexican made model., I've had this guitar for two years, it's a great bass, action on this is extremely good, it has one aftermarket pickups which were installed by sam ash music,(the bridge pickup), it's a basslines pickup great for getting good low tones with excellent response., This guitar has two tiny dings in the body which should be able to be seen from the pics., I'm also including a pack of Danelectro vintage tone strings as well they are 45 gauge.Buyer Pays actual shipping.

They didn't put a shipping price to it, so I just added $25 to what I was paying. I ended up getting it for $227.50. I thought it was a good buy. Let me know what you think. Also, is the pickup that was put in it any good?

2. Here is another pic of my bass.

3. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Looks like a good deal. The bassline pickup isn't a bad addition. You might in the future want to add another so that they are both basslines.

But I would say you did well. Its a Mex. so it won't bring much on the resale, but you could get out of it with out loosing.

Congrats and good luck with it,

4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    hey not bad,not bad at all.you saved $156.50!Great deal.Have fun its an awesome bass.I like the sunburst.