1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I WON I WON I WON I WON

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by plexibass, Apr 21, 2006.

1. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    hello fellow tb'ers. my name is dave takis and i have an ebay addiction. it stated out simple enough. i would buy lp's and stuff like that and then it very quickly moved on to basses. i thought i could stop but i just cant. i have "the fever". a while back i posted that i was GAS ed out after i found my 1971 dan armstrong plexi fretless. then this little baby appeared. i put in what i thought was a low bid and i won this. my name is dave and i have a problem. plese someone tell me i'm going to be ok. right now i'm as giddy as a naked virgin at a prison rodeo. whoooohooo!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7407251029

2. morf

morf Banned

Feb 17, 2006
    I read a book one day called "My name is dave, I'm an alcoholic", was that you? ;)

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

And this is why eBay is "evil" ....."insidious" if you prefer...:eyebrow: ?

4. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    actually....no. i had a drinking problem in my 20's. a fifth of liquor a day for about 6 months but i didnt write the book.

5. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    :eyebrow:

6. Nice score man! I've always really really dug the pickguards on those DA guitars.

-Ryan.

7. nice score indeed!

but i do laugh at the use of "I win" for auctions...
    just think about it...

I win the ability to pay for an item! yes!!!!!

i just laugh :)

sweet bass regardless :) It looks very cool and a nice addition to your collection!

8. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    You can even go pants-less behing this one, unlike the clear ones you also have.

9. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i go pantsless most of the time. thanks guys. i will post pix of this one and my "new" plexi fretless. OK NOW I REALLY AM GASSED OUT. THERE ARE NO MORE DAN ARMSTRONGS TO BUY. so i'm done, thats it, no more for me, done, finished, finito, end of the line, nada, gased out, final bass purchase.

10. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I know... but "win" isn't entirely wrong, you win the auction. It's like saying "I won the auction for this bass" and eating up "the auction for" to make it faster/simpler. And actually, the moment you get in an auction you can decide how much you can give so you consider that money already spent... what's left to see is if you'll get/win the bass with that money.

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

I agree entirely!!

You win nothing on eBay - you just have the opportunity to buy something that somebody else didn't want any more!! :meh:

12. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    looks like a neat bass

thanks for my new sig:p

13. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i feel vindicated now. someone is using my quote as a signature. coooooool.

14. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I wouldn't say vindicated, more just that every time someone reads my sig, they'll have an unclear mental picture of some guy named Dave walking around with no pants.

15. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    my best friend who is a pschyo-ologist has often remarked that my mental picture is unclear. i play bass. what can i tell you?

16. Cant complain with that. I think ur little mental problem did u a world of good

17. Bruce Lindfield

As in : landed him with masses of junk....;)

18. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    why do you hate me bruce?

19. He's not into the pantsless type. ;)