1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

I WON THE LOTTERY!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by BASS SUCKS, Apr 5, 2009.

1. BASS SUCKS

BASS SUCKS

Feb 3, 2009
    ...and then I woke up. :crying:

I absolutely hate these dreams, especially when I'm saving up for a shiny MM Sterling. Anyone wanna share crazy bass/gear-related dreams?

2. anon65884001

anon65884001 Guest

Feb 1, 2009
    I was playing at a concert
    Millions of people (well i dunno, it was a dream) there
    And we were playing pop punk music
    MY DREAM!!
    And another dream suddenly started :bawl:
    That's about it actually

3. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    I had a dream I saw this post and bought the MM Sterling for you..........then I went to bed :scowl:

4. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Once, I got real drunk and ended up sleeping on the floor behind a couch at my friend's apartment.

For some reason, the whole night I was convinced that there was a blue Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones right next to me. A whole bunch of crazy **** went down, and the DJ was with me all night.

I was disappointed when I woke up and realized that I didn't have a DJ, I was just on this dude's floor, hung over as hell.

Funny part is, I don't even like jazz basses. Confused the hell out of me.

5. Man, I always seem to have some weird-@** dreams, although rarely bass related.

Last night, I dreamed that I was in a small mountain town with Arnold Schwartenegger. He kept playing these evil pranks, like driving his car onto someones property, as if he was going to ram thier house, and then stopping at the last second. He also bulldozed an access road screaming "I'm tearing down all these trees so we can have an access road to save the environment. HA! Get it? Tearing down trees to save the environment! I am very funny!" Other weird stuff happened, like I was all the sudden all muscle-y and yoked out, and working out with my girlfriend and a very spry 90-year old who had me beat on the cardio machines.

The night before, I had a dream about improperly tested Bigfoot-shaped novelty shoes that forced any stage performer wearing them to pay a higher insurance rate due to higher liability. My lawyer said it was unjust, so we started motions for a class-action lawsuit.

I was disappointed when I woke up to find that I didn't own any Big-foot shaped novelty shoes.

Seriously, though, who the hell has dreams about getting a class action lawsuit against the manufactures of novelty shoes because they increase an insured's liability??? What the hell would Freud say about that? "Sometimes, a Bigfoot novelty shoe is just a Bigfoot novelty shoe?" Eh, maybe not...

[/off topic stuff I thought someone would find interesting]

6. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    had one on a green 14 string conklin (7 doubled)... played like a dream (ba dum pssh)

looked abt like this thanks to photoshop:
    green.

and just last week i had one where i was driving around in a white aston martin convertible... insane amounts of power and hooked up instantly.

7. I had a dream that Jaco and I were old family friends. We ended up racing Go-Carts down the street I grew up on and talked about how music affects one's life. Trippy, I know.

8. I got back my Modulus, a very expensive Emerson knife, my grandfather's gold watch and my first truck one night. And it was one of those super realistic dreams where nothing totally messed up happened. I just opened my garage and there was my truck with all my lost crap in it. Talk about pissed when I woke up.

9. Cyber Soda

Cyber Soda

Sep 24, 2008
    I had a dream that I lived in a mansion and every room on every floor had walls that were covered in every bass that I could possibly want, with names and basses that I hadn't even heard of. Picture walking into your bathroom with a wall of Foderas, Ritters, Conklins, and a bass, custom made by Jesus himself to my specifications. Step outside, and you'll find an extra temperature controlled room full of amplifiers. Every thing. See that pope preamp? It was THERE. Strangely, my fiance wasn't there

:bag:

10. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    The other night I had a dream I was on tour and fender, out of the blue sent me a Jag bass and a red fretless J w/ no pickguard. Kinda makes me wish i didn't wake up.

11. I had a dream that my bass fell to pieces in my hands. Very stressful. A few weeks later I brought my bass to get worked on by a friend of mine who does Tech work. I'm sitting in his office and says, "Here." and hands me my bass in 2 pieces. I almost had a seizure.

12. I always have them where I get a really GREAT gig, but then realize that my bass is in another location, so I have to go on a quest to find it. When I do get it, there is another quest to get back to the gig, which by that point, the piano player has just played the parts with his left hand, or there is no amp.

One time I dreamed that after one of these quests to get my gear before a gig, I opened my bass case and someone had taken my bass and left me with a frying pan & a baseball bat.

Arrgggh.

imp

13. I have had this same dream before. Never had it come true, but I have had my bass literally melt in my hands in dreams. Very odd.

14. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    slightly OT.... anyone ever have deja vu? I had that bad a while ago... almost passed out in a gas station... everything was exactly like a dream i had... wasnt the first time but the first time i almost passed out from it.

had it quite a few years ago eating a piece of chicken too...

15. pedulla-2007

pedulla-2007

Sep 2, 2008
    texas
    I told Brian that I had a dream of a concert with MARK KING playing a LOWEND JAZZ the way it should be played. He laughed, It could happen.:bassist:

16. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Last night I had a dream that I was to play an outdoor gig. My band included the guitarist from my last band in RL. Before start time, I left the stage area for a few minutes. I returned to find that someone had taken a drill and a hammer to my 5-string Jazz. The surface of it had dozens of small shallow holes in it, and the whole thing had been beaten with the hammer, dents all over the body, peghead broken into several pieces, basically completely destroyed. Everyone in the area was blaming it on the guitarist, who had disappeared.

I was glad to wake up from that one, even though it was 4:15 am!

In RL I am planning to start a band with this guitarist. Maybe I should reconsider...

17. i had one where i was filling in for timmy c but i forgot a strap so i was holding the bass up with a shoelace. just about to go on, then my alarm woke me up...:scowl:

18. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    A few years ago, I had a dream where I started a baseball team in my back yard. We were planning on getting a backyard baseball league started up, and so we had the Mariners come play against us for publicity. So they said they would arrive "sometime on saturday".

So Saturday rolled around (in the dream, of course), and we were all sitting in my back yard with all our baseball gear waiting for the Mariners to arrive. After a few hours, we heard a helicopter land, and there was a knock at the gate to the back yard. At this point, all of the baseball gear turned into music gear, and Jerry Garcia came in through the gate, and we all started playing Cosmic Charlie.

:p

19. I dreamt I went to BassJail for rushing the tempo and my cellmate was this big guy named Bubba. And Bubba didn't own a 51 P bass or a B15.
    Let's just say it wasn't a very happy dream.