i wonder???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman454, Jun 5, 2003.

1. hi,
    i was just thinknig about trying something out...but i think it will prove to be quite expensive.. here goes.
    get some sort of (maybe 3 band) cross over to seperate my mono signal into 3 or so sections.

get a 3 or so channel compressor such as a behringer mdx4600 or something to have a level and compression for each of the 3(or 4?) different frequency's. so i can have more compression on lower notes less on higher or whatever etc..
    then patch them all back into a mono signal to my power amp (or effects return on my pre amp).

but how can i get the 3 or 4 channels back into a mono signal??
  2. XxBassmanxX

Nov 21, 2001
    Rosman NC
    You could use A/B selector switches such as Morley makes to get them all into one channel.... But I dont really know if this idea would be worth all the trouble. If you try it let us know.

3. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I used to have a small battery operated radio shack 4 channel mixer. I betcha something like that would work.
  4. Yep, mixer. That's what they're for.

Just remember that odds are you're going to have all sorts of hum from ground loops, so you'll probably have to take some measures to prevent them, like special cables and such.