Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

i won't do that again (dukes of hazard style)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by steve-o, Oct 8, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well last night i was driving up to see my girl at work..and i pull up to a twin turbo 3000gt. while my car is alright (73 plymouth 318, 360 heads, cam etc etc) im sure his was faster

he left the light hard...so i did to. i haven't raced a car before.
    at least illegaly.
    he was ahead (which may have saved me)
    well we were going pretty well around 100 mph at least

well i pulled out because i passed my girls work.
    and as soon as i turn into the parking lot a cop flies by with his lights on...im having a heart attack here..i could lose my car, everything

so then i go across the street and park for maybe 10 mins. then i see another cop pass by. well i decide its time for me to sneak home...another town over and about 15 mins away.
    so i go the back way..pass two cops and park on the side of my house. im not going to drive for awhile.

anyone else have a story like this?

steve

2. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    illegal racing is illegal for a reason....ITS DANGEROUS!!! I am a cyclist my Gal is a cyclist we like living....get it?:rolleyes:

3. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    I also used to play with this guy who did that....his licence was revoked for 5 years and the other gut totalled(rolled) his car...he lived but with injuries.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    this was deff. the stupidist thing i have done.
    won't be doing it again

steve

5. Did you get busted?

6. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    no....somehow i got out of it

steve

7. Hee hee, who's an SM now:D :D

:bassist:

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    SM?

steve

9. Supporting member

10. Are you sure you're not the one that hit tyler?

11. i know it wasnt him, it was me! :bag: :ninja: :D

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Here in Texas they just increased the penalties for street-racing. If you're convicted once you lose your license for a year. Twice it becomes a class A misdemeanor (which is pretty serious realy and can affect you in other areas). If you're convicted a third time it becomes a felony and now we're talking serious.

brad cook

edit: Not that losing your license for a year or a class A misdemeanor AREN'T serious!

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    jo0 scku n00b.

14. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    In California, it's illegal to even watch a street race. Even being present during one is grounds for over $1000 in fines.

15. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well i imagine that watching one is the same as assisting in a crime..i don't know..but wheres the dunce cap smiley

steve

16. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    originally posted by Mike Money
    Do you ever have anything useful or even positive to post?

On topic,

Yeah, I have a story like this.

So one night 2 years ago, me and a friend were out about 12:30 after a high school football game. He had a sports car, '93 Honda Prelude. We were in a 55 mph zone on an old highway that nobody's ever on that late. So he says, "Want to go fast?" and I say, "yes." So he slams the shift knob into 3rd and gets up to 80. "Faster?" he says. "Yes" I say. So he puts it into 4th and gets up to 105. "Faster?" "Yes" I say. 5th gear, 115. We stay up there for a few seconds and he drops it back down to 60.

Looking back, it was one of the most stupid things I have ever done. If there'd been a car on that road I'd be dead now. After that I vowed not to do stupid things in cars ever again.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    no. leave me alone.

18. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I seem to remember in one of your previous posts that your car runs 10.50's.
    Was the Mitsu really faster or did he catch you snoozin at the light?

Or does your car really not run 10.50's?

19. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    If the 3000GT got the hit, I suppose it could go that way, and if it was a VR-4, those things are hella fast.

20. yeah, that would be one bitchin fast mitsubishi!

i have a few friends that are into the car tuning scene and one of them has a civic SI with the works (NOS and all that stuff) and everyone always talks about how fast he is and he runs like 12 something secs usually*

(they do NOT street race, there is a big time dragstrip in the next town and they go there sometimes for the open nights or whatever)