Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I wore my TalkBass.com T-shirt today.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassAxe, Oct 5, 2002.

1. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    I got two compliments from total strangers.

I wish there were more than just the one design. I'd wear a bass clef/guitar shirt every day of the week.

I might go to a local t-shirt shop and have some Tees with my own ideas made. Can anyone suggest anything catchy besides the "got bass?" idea?

The best one I've come up with involves the year Leo Fender introduced the bass guitar:

"Slapping that bottom since 1952!"

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    My TB shirt is one of the old ones with no bass clef on the front, just the "Got bass?" slogan.

I'm sick of people walking up and asking me about lures!

3. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Yeah, I had this cool bumper sticker which I found at a truck stop:

"Happiness is a bass, a broad, and a beer!" I remember the clerk at the register trying to chat about fishing when I went up to the counter to buy it. It got lost because I didn't have anything among my gear which I could fit it on. I wish I could find another one.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

5. bizzaro

bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Vermont
    What:confused: This isn't a bass fishing site:eek: Now I know why I can't follow any of these threads. I thought I was just way behind in my cyberonics.

6. I want to make a t-shirt with "Gone Fishin?" on the front and then either a bass clef or a guitar with "Hell no!" on the back.

:D:D

Merls

7. Considering some of the content in the forums, "Gone Fishing" would be appropriate on a Talkbass T-shirt.

[BA-DA-BING!]

8. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Well, I wouldn't go make my own "TalkBass.com" t-shirt designs. Note: I'm not a supporting member, but that's because the wifey keeps saying No.

Just something about bass guitar or bass clef in general.

How's this idea grab ya? A shirt with a Scottish tartan-patterned bass clef and a caption which reads "Ah ain't lookin' fer any treble!"

C'mon, help me with some ideas here. :D

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    BassAxe - c'mon, that doesn't wash. You mean your wife lets you have equipment, but won't let you help Paul out with the expenses? With $20?

10. BassAxe said...

Well, I wouldn't go make my own "TalkBass.com" t-shirt designs. Note: I'm not a supporting member, but that's because the wifey keeps saying No.

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

11. I have two - the one I got for renewing my supporting membership last month and a "chicks dig bass players" shirt I bought when they first came out.

12. how about a Talkbass T-shirt with the "chicks dig bass players" slogan beneath this pic?

[​IMG]

(the painting is "an artist and his muse" by UK artist James McNaught)

13. just_a_poser

just_a_poser

Apr 20, 2002

Hahahahah. You are a genius.

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Better make that 1951. Thats the year the P was introduced.

15. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I really really want this one:

[​IMG]

:)

(i can insert "guitarists" if you want)

16. squier guy

squier guy

Oct 6, 2002
    http://www.stickerjunky.com

17. are those "chicks dig bass players" shirts still available / where can i find them?

18. odie

odie Supporting Member

You get a t-shirt when you start as a paying member?

19. BassAxe

BassAxe

Jul 22, 2002
    Culpeper, VA
    Whoa, cool! 100 bumper stickers for $25.00

I only need one. I wonder if I could do something with the other 99, like give them out at shows or something?