Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

I would like to thank...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fretless Friday, May 25, 2001.

1. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the members of TalkBass for making me feel so welcome.

Four months ago, after a week of lurking, I registered here and added to the general conversation, my very first post. Expecting little, I was pleasantly surprised to find my thread well read and well answered.

Since then, I have posted responses to many questions, posted my opinion on several billion polls :D and voiced added input where I felt there was room.

This post marks my 300th. Its been a long journey, fraught with danger. I have battled the mighty Ed Fuqua in the DB forums, I have traded barbs with the lethally witty John Turner, and read most of JWC's, benjamintowle's and bassvirtuoso13's early posts :D

It has also been a journey filled with wonder. I've had the chance to talk to Dann Glenn, one of our supporting Pro's here. He has become an inspiration to me. I've been able to see remarkable young people like JR surprise me and make me question my ideas of today's teens. I've had the pleasure of being corrected in the wee hours of the morning by gruffpuppy, for making a foolish mistake that might have caused someone a lot of confusion. I've had the chance to get to know to RickBass1, someone who seems to share a similar history to my own. Nino-brown has shown me that a self-built bass can be better than anything I buy in a store, and given me the courage to try.

Of course, I must than Paul for providing us with Talkbass. The man is the heart and soul of this site, and the people here are a tribute to his accomplishment.

Though I have singled out several people above, that is by no means the extent of those I wish to thank. Nor is the order of any significance. I would like to thank each and every one of you for being part of a community that I am proud to be a member of. Thank you for making the last four months and my last 300 posts a true honor.

Adrian, aka Fretless Friday

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    bassvirtuoso is one of the top 20 funniest moments on Talk Bass, i was there too :)

great to see messages like this... a can easily identify with the whole post.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You know, I was here doing that whole time period, and I don't remember reading any of that bassvirtuoso stuff. I just know what I've gathered from other posts... berklee, and whatnot.

BTW, I read your post, and a single tear fell. Meeeeeemmoriiiiiieeeeees.....

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Adrian - How long did the doc give you?

Are they sure it's terminal??? :D

5. Whoa, what can I say here...

I had no idea anyone here got something out of my posts, im shocked. :)

FF your a real cool guy, and all of your 300 posts are worth a read.

BTW, what are your ideas of todays teens? just curious :)

6. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I'm curious to hear the same.

I've enjoyed your presense and your posts here, FF. Keep it up! :D

7. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    All of his 130+ posts were made in a single frantic day - easy to miss. Still, funniest troll has to be Goth Barbie - well, the most ickle and cutest troll anyway...

8. happy 300th post day! :)

I remember reading your first post... but I don´t remember what it was about though... :)

and one thing about talkbass I don´t like, is that I miss all the action... due to timezones, every time someone starts a flame war, the thread gets deleted before I can view it! :(

:)

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for filling me in. :)

Ickle? Maybe I don't want to know.