1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

I wouldn't have even imagine that I'd be able to see Metallica.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassist 4 life, Oct 15, 2009.

1. I couldn't even imagine I'd be able to see Metallica 5 years ago, when I first picked up the bass because of them.

Master of Puppets is probably the main reason why I picked up the bass. It changed my whole view on music and inspired me to pick up an instruments. Its always been my dream to see my favorite band in the world live.

Thing is I come from Bahrain, which is a small island in the Middle East. Most people have never even heard of the country, we have never really gotten any rock act to play. All we'd get is European techno DJs and some RnB artists. I was never really interested in any of those genres so I've always been depressed about the fact that I'd never see any famous rock band live. Hell we used to even be accused of devil worship whenever we'd have local rock gigs.

Flash forward 5 years ago, today... Having worked my butt off in high school, I managed to get myself in the states for college. One of the main reasons why I wanted to go to the states so bad is the fact that the chances of me seeing Metallica would increase, and here I am right now, getting ready for a Metallica concert. I can honestly say that I can die a happy man now. I'm literally jumping off my seat in excitement, I'm pumped as hell!
    :hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. casualmadness

casualmadness Man About Town Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2005
    VA
    Good for you! Enjoy. :bassist:

3. havuk

havuk

Jan 5, 2005
    DFW TEXAS
    I went to see them September 29th and it was a good time, RT's basses sounded thunderous. My first Met concert was back in the 80's they opened for Ozzy on the Ultimate Sin tour, they where touring for Master of Puppets, needless to say they destroyed Ozzy.. Since then I've only missed two of their shows.

Let us know how you liked it!

4. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    I lived that a year ago.. i got into metallica like in 2007, wheni started listening to all their songs etc, then i was talking with my cousin from tucson over xbox live, he was talking about this concert the radio station does every year, KFMA day, and i quote him..
    "I was talking to my friend from the radio station and she said that they are presenting the biggest band that has played there yet"

I was like, really? who?

"At first i thought well maybe the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.. but then she said MetallicA"

I literally crashed my banshee on halo 3.. and instantly talked about it with my parents etc. I made the 12 hour on bus trip to tucson and spent a weekend there.. man
    YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!.. The stage they played on was very small but they put one hell of a show, i guess you will be seeing them on their death magnetic stage.. wow i envy you..

Anyvay congratz and enjoy, here is the video from the tucson show..

5. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    PD, that was probably when my tinnitus started

6. basste

basste

Oct 8, 2003
    France
    I saw them this year, on april, in the biggest indoor venue in france. (850 kilometers just to see them) and it was a BLAST !
    Wish you a good moment !:hyper:

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I've never seen Metallica but I saw Jason Newstead riding Its a Small World at Disney World. :smug:

bc

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I remember feeling stoked about going to my first Metallica concert too......back in 1987 for Monsters of Rock!

-Mike

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Saw them back in 2003. I wish I could've seen them with Jason. They got me into music. He got me into playing bass.

10. WookieeForLife

WookieeForLife

Sep 30, 2008
    PA.
    Metallica is good. Tplyons avatar is better.

11. Crazy. I had to ride that 3 times in a row when it was slow for my youngest daugher. I almost had a seizure.

Mike

12. Cydonian Knight

Cydonian Knight

Oct 11, 2009
    Liverpool
    I went to see them at Sonisphere in August... I can honestly say they really were amazing live! Glad you finally got to see them.

13. Wow, yesterday was probably one of the best nights of my life.
    The setlist was pretty epic, although i did want more master and lightning. they played like 4 songs off of and justice for all including dyers eve so it was pretty cool.

during the day that never comes the pa got messed up so they stopped playing, james got all pissed and slammed the mic on the ground...it was bad***, i got to see james hetfield get angry whomg(haha im a big fanboy). roadies had to climb like a 100 feet up to fix the pa it was really cool.

The setlist for the show was:

That was just your life
    End of the line
    Broken Beat and Scarred
    Cyanide
    The day that never comes
    ------------
    shortest straw
    dyers eve
    one
    harvester of sorrow
    --------
    master of puppets
    --------
    fade to black
    --------
    enter sandman
    nothing else matters
    ---------
    last caress
    hit the lights
    seek and destroy

14. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    where was this show?
    That setlis is pretty cool shortest straw dyers eve and harvester are badass
    hit the lights omfg(L)

seek and destroy.. the best live song everh

SEEK AND DESTROY!

15. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

Location:Cleveland, OHDate:Oct 15, 2009Venue:Quicken Loans ArenaOther Artists:Setlist:

That Was Just Your Life
    The End Of The Line
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    The Shortest Straw
    Fade To Black
    Broken, Beat And Scarred
    Cyanide
    Sad But True
    One
    The Judas Kiss
    The Day That Never Comes
    Master Of Puppets
    Dyers Eve
    Nothing Else Matters
    Enter Sandman
    - - - - - - - -
    Last Caress
    Hit The Lights
    Seek and Destroy.« Back

The Judas Kiss is a treat ! :bassist:

16. I just saw them a few weeks ago in Atlanta. I'm not a big metal guy anymore but used to be a Metallica freak and I can honestly say that it was the best concert i've ever been to.