Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iam going to buy RBX6JM or the new RBXJM2 but which is the best of them?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bjorn, Dec 8, 2004.

1. hi every whan i am new in this forum so this i going to be my first post. :D
    :help:
    i am going to buy one of john myungs sig modell but i have a litel hard to deside which one im going to choose because i cant test them i have to order one of them so i wonder which is the best, with that i mean how as the best sound and is easyest to play, i have small fingers so i dont now really but i like to play with wide necks but then i want to play faster then i already do.

i want to now what you think of it if you have test both versens.

please tell me every thing you now about these two basses it would really help me: :p

2. get the new trb 1000 6 string (or whatever its called). its better than both.

3. but the TRB 1006 TDR has the same micks that RBX6JM and its the same price to how can the TRB be better than te RBX?

explain to me why the TRB is better

4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    The only Myung model I've played was the first one... I wasn't very impressed with it.. Can't speak for the new one, but it looks nicer!!

5. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    If I'm not mistaken, the JM2 has a 34" scale as opposed to the 35" scale of the JM. Also, it's been said that the JM2 has even tighter string spacing than the JM.

For someone like me, with small hands, this sounds good since I play a Samick Fairlane 6- and I have yet to find a 6-string with a narrower fretboard and tighter string spacing than that. I found a Peavey Fury too wide for my tastes (and it had normal spacing; it wasn't a broadneck or anything like that), but the tighter Fairlane was perfect for me.

I think what Defeldus is getting at is that for the money you pay for a John Myung bass, you can get better instruments, perhaps with more exotic woods or dual pickups or something.