Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iamp 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clouddead, Feb 23, 2004.

1. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    icant find one of these to save my life in the net. if anyone has bought one, let me know where, via internet that is..

2. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    yup,

got mine from Bob. bar none, one the best dealers i've ever dealt with.

4. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    I got mine from bass central basscentral.com. I think you actually have to call them though.

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    And if any Canadians are reading this thread, I just got mine online from Club Bass in Toronto. http://www.clubbass.ca/

6. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Thumbs up for Club Bass. Dave really knows his stuff.

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    BTW,
    I really love my iAMP500. It is loud, versatile, lightweight and absolutely dead quiet (when it is supposed to be :D ) . My 800 is just sitting around waiting for the time I need more power. I think I'll be waiting a while, the 500 has taken everything that I have given it, so far.

Mike

8. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    Just out of curiosity...here's a dumb question. Why do you think they shelved the iamp600 and have now released the 500? Not much of a diffrenece there. Oh well, I'm "stuck" with the now defunct iamp600. I really love the thing and it's more than I've ever needed for any gig I've done so far. Not a bad head to be stuck with eh?

9. seanm

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I am guessing from what I have read that the iAmp 600 and 350 where a different design from the iAmp 800. It looks like the iAmp 500 is the same design as the 800, just less power. So I think it is just a consolidation of the amps to save costs. But like I said, I am just making an educated guess.

10. rob_d

rob_d

Jun 14, 2001
    That could be. From what I can tell the 600 and 800 have the exact same knobs and tone shaping capabilities, but maybe internally they're different? Not sure. Either way, I love the 600, and I'm sure the 500 is a great head too.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    did the 600 handle a 2 ohm load, too? might have something to do with the redesign and renaming.

12. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Was the power section of the 600 digital? :confused:

13. seanm

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
  14. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    The 200, as part of the Wizzy combo, the iAMP 500 and the iAMP 800 are all Class D, digital power amps. Even thought the EQ section is the same, the power amp sections on the newer amps are really cutting edge.

A different design concept but still the same goals, pure, clean power throughout the bandwidth and the super versatile tone shaping.

Mike