Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iAMP 800 + Bag End 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrazySean, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Hey, guys. I don't usually make new threads (this is only my third actually - one of which was deleted), but I might be getting a iAMP 800 soon and I was wondering if anyone has tried an iAMP 800 with a Bag End 15?

I have a Bag End S15B-D and I just wanted make sure that it pairs up well, even though I'm guessing it will. :smug:

Thanks,

Sean

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    since when does a bag end not sound good?
    as far as watts go, i routinely power my s15b with 400 - 1500 watts and it does fine as long as i don't dime it - those cabs love power

3. Haha, true, but what I meant was: Does the tone of the iAMP match well with the tone of the Bag End? I'm not concerned about wattage, but thanks anyway.

Sean

4. BUMP. Well, while there's probably no question that they will sound good together, is there any one out there with any experience with this setup? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? It doesn't have to be a S15B-D - any of the BE 15s will do.

Sean

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I would not think that you would get much treble out of that cab.

I bet it would sound excellent with that cab plus a S15X-D or a Nahas 1x12 cube w/tweeter.

6. I'm sure it would. :bassist: But I get plenty of treble out of it actually. You'd be surprised. I don't really plan on using it by itself for too long anyway. I need something with more punch to pair up with it, so eventually I'll be getting one of the Schroeder cabs (most likely the 1210) to use along with it.

Sean

P.S. The S15B-D is no longer on your GAS list. *** - what happened?! :eyebrow: (just kidding) :D

7. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I got a Schroeder 410. :bassist:
    :cool:

The S15B-D with the 1210 should be awesome!