Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Iamp800 + EA VL-210 +Bergie HT112??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fello, Sep 16, 2003.

1. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Hi.Has anybody here tried this combination.I would like to hear your opinion.Thinking about buying these 2 cabinets or 2 Bergies(HT112+EX112).I think the EA along with the Bergie would sound killer.What do you guys think?

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    While I have not tried this exact combination, I have run one VL-210 and one Epifani T-112 off one channel of my PLX 3002 (and two VL-208's and one T-110UL off the other side). Despite the alleged inefficiency of the VL-series cabs, this actually sounded really, really good together. My guess is that a VL-210 and a Bergie 1x12 or two would sound killer as well.

[​IMG]

As you can see from the photo, the VL-210 is the same width as the T-112, and the VL-208 is the same width as the T-110UL! Go figure!

Tom.

3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Dont bother just buy the bergs.
    '

AJ

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    my BIG vote is for the HT112, EX112 pair.

bergs and EA amps just go together like martini's and olives.

tho, EA cabs are great, its hard to get over that gooey, syrupy, almost tubey quality the Bergs give the hifi clarity of the EA amps.

and, the look of the silver grill, accented by the green script logo, and topped with the red touches of the EA amps, really speak to the graphic designer in me!

good stuff... :cool: