Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

IAMP800 out of stock everywhere???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fello, Sep 11, 2003.

1. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    HI, it seems the EA Iamp800 is out of stock in every dealer I get in touch with?Any ideas where they might have them in stock?Thx

2. JahKnow

JahKnow Guest

Have you tried BassNW in Seattle?
    PEACE!!!!!, Johno!

3. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Yes, tried BN, and 3 or 4 of the important dealers, and it seems like out of stock , everywhere.:(

4. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    I bought an iAMP 800 from Bass NW and it took me a month to get it (I got it about 2 or 3 weeks ago). Chad at Bass NW said that the line was incredibly popular. I think I remember him saying that the next shipment of 800s won't be out until October, but I'm not sure if that has changed. :eek:

5. I heard a similar thing from Club Bass in Toronto. Out of stock until October.

Geoff

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I work for a music instrument wholesaler. You can always tell when someone is walking around from dealer to dealer loking for something that's out of stock because 8 different dealers will call asking for the same thing. We turn it into a little game, guessing the customer's travel pattern and trying to pick which store will call us next.

The moral of the story, if it's a high volume item and it's out of stock at the warehouse/factory, there's nothing anyone can do. You're just going to have to be patient.

7. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Thx davegr8house, but I already checked with Bob Gollihur, and he's out of the Iamp800 as well.Thx anyways:)

8. fello

fello

Nov 11, 2002
    London, UK
    Well Reefer, I'd love to get a WW, but the wait for those is even longer.:confused:

9. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    I just got a used iAMP 800 - let me tell you - search for it - the sound is amazing, it's worth the wait, and for my money, sounds better than WW.

IMHO of course :D

10. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    vanselus, how do you like the iamp 800 compared to your aguilar gear? Is there were one you prefer?

11. vanselus

vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    None
    hoo-boy, that's a tough one. They are such different animals. I like the iAMP better than the Aggie 359 - the 359 is too indistinct, TOO fat for my taste. The clarity and tighness of the iAMP is perfect (not to mention the incredible flexibility - the 359 doesn't have much). However, I still prefer the sound of the Aguilar 680/728 combo - it's almost as clear as the iAMP, but has huge warmth and tubey gooey fatness. The 680 preamp is extremely tight and clear, and the 728 adds huge amounts of warmth and punch. I dig it, but only when I'd rather carry 110lbs of 400w instead of 19lbs of 800w. :D

I'll post sound clips so ya'll can hear the iAMP compared to the 680. It's a fair comparison, but the 728 adds a lot of tone. I can play through the 728 alone and love it!

Let me know if you have any specific questions... so far all the comparisons have been with a GS112 - but tomorrow i'll try the iAMP with a Epifani T410 (at the practice space) and possibly some Epi 112's this week.

12. BassTerd

BassTerd Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles

First time I ever read someone saying the tone was to fat.
    I look forward to hearing the sound clips. Which do you use for recording?

13. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    [​IMG] I've got an idea! Contact Mcrelly. I think that he's been buying all of them and creating the shortage. :D ;)