Ian Anderson at Berklee

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Well my stepfather just asked me if i would go up to Boston tonight to see Ian Anderson, the lead singer of jethro tull at the Berklee performing arts center. I have seen Jethro tull before but i have never just seen him in a solo performance. The show is called "Rubbing elbows with Ian Anderson" so i guess there will be a few guests and some of the berklee staff performing tonight. I think it will be a good show, i just don't know what to expect.

Has anyone seen this guy solo before? Anyone here going?
  2. JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I just saw the "Rubbing Elbows" show in Chicago and had a great time. While I would have liked him to play some more acoustic Tull songs, I always enjoy seeing Ian perform. You get some old Tull material, some newer Tull material, and some Anderson solo stuff. A lot of the discussion/questions were really interesting...some hilarious! He played a blues number with a local 20 something blues musician from the south side, and his special guest was Cynthia Plastercaster, famous Chicago groupie and artist from the late '60s and early '70. I got to meet her and chat with her after the show, as she was sitting at the end of my row.
  3. hmmm....i didn't know it was a question and answer deal, know i have to think of something to say. but i'll enjoy the show.