Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ian Anderson at Berklee

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nick Bibeault, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Well my stepfather just asked me if i would go up to Boston tonight to see Ian Anderson, the lead singer of jethro tull at the Berklee performing arts center. I have seen Jethro tull before but i have never just seen him in a solo performance. The show is called "Rubbing elbows with Ian Anderson" so i guess there will be a few guests and some of the berklee staff performing tonight. I think it will be a good show, i just don't know what to expect.

Has anyone seen this guy solo before? Anyone here going?

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I just saw the "Rubbing Elbows" show in Chicago and had a great time. While I would have liked him to play some more acoustic Tull songs, I always enjoy seeing Ian perform. You get some old Tull material, some newer Tull material, and some Anderson solo stuff. A lot of the discussion/questions were really interesting...some hilarious! He played a blues number with a local 20 something blues musician from the south side, and his special guest was Cynthia Plastercaster, famous Chicago groupie and artist from the late '60s and early '70. I got to meet her and chat with her after the show, as she was sitting at the end of my row.

3. hmmm....i didn't know it was a question and answer deal, know i have to think of something to say. but i'll enjoy the show.