1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ian Hill: Isolated bassline to "Bloodstone" (1982)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A.K., Jun 1, 2014.

1. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    One of the many excellent tracks from the "Screaming for Vengeance" album. This is some classic post-'70s Ian Hill.

2. The Rage

The Rage

Nov 12, 2013
    I like it. :)
    Still one of my favourite is the bass track for the ripper

3. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    I love Ian's playing on "The Ripper," especially during the guitar solo. Just a great song throughout.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Bloodstone is probably my favorite Priest track. That and Electric Eye.

5. A.K.

A.K.

Jan 9, 2010
    Pacific Northwest
    It's one of my favorites, too. Their performance of it from the Live Vengeance concert in December '82 is incredibly powerful. In fact, that whole concert kicks ass.

JimmyM likes this.
  6. kzr750r1

kzr750r1

Aug 12, 2011
    NorCal
    Missed my chance to see JP live when I was 15. Had a fender bender with my parents trunk in a convience store parking lot.... No, I didn't have a DL yet. No, I didn't see the light of day that summer after my Dad found out... Can only blame myself. I was really into this record at the time.
    What I can appriciate about these isolated tracks is the simplicity and doing the job for the song. In the new band, I'm in really trying the less is more approach with songs. It's hard because I want to just rip all over the track but in most cases it's a but much. Stay in the pocket and keep with the drummer. Let the guitar and vocalist do the wanking.