Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez 1300 series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Are they any good? im looking at getting a 1306. They seem pretty nice for the price i can get one for cheap,How do they sound and play? anybody got clips or a decent reveiw?

2. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

I'm guessing your talking about the old-school SR1306. (Paduak top, hippy sandwich, wenge fingerboard, "custom made" on the 24th fret) If so, I have a 1305 and I absolutely love it. The action is incredibly low, and the tone is fantastic. And it looks great to boot. The only thing to watch is the string spacing on my 5 is pretty tight. Luckily, that's the way I like it.

3. Stinkoman20xx

Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Yep thats the one im talking about. Do you no if the necks were graphite reinforfced? I heard they were but not sure.

4. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

yes sir, I do believe they are.

5. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    Perhaps Ibanez's best "modern" bass, and one they would reissue if they had any sense among them. :scowl:

6. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    I've had it for like 7 or 8 years (my first "nice" bass). Its awesome -- best action I've ever played, very consistent up and down the neck, and string to string.

Not sure on the models, but mine is solid padauk, with a primarily wenge neck and I'm not sure what the stringers are (cocobolo?). I do know that mine's likely a '94 or '95, tho, and doesn't say "Custom Made" anywhere...

With my new custom and it's Barts, I've noticed that the AFR pickups are a little flat, but they are OEM, so given the fact that they're WAY better than most OEM electronics I've heard, you really can't go wrong for a good price.

One thing is for sure -- the instrument is top-quality. I've used it in over 300 3-hour shows (and COUNTLESS rehearsals), and its as smooth as the day I bought it used. Its also got a good deal of punch -- sounds best through 4 10's.