1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez 1977 "Lawsuit" Silver Series P Bass Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mulder7, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    Hey there. I just made a pretty impulsive purchase online. It's a 1977 ibanez lawsuit Silver series p bass, in excellent condition. I'm still waiting for it to ship. Who has experience with these basses? From what I've read on here they're fantastic basses. However, I'm a little worried I got ripped off. I paid $850. Is that too much? I see a couple on eBay going for much more than that, but I've seen previous sales on other sites where they sold for a lot less. Should I be kicking myself?

2. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    You can look at it two ways....

#1. You paid too much for a MIJ Fender copy.

#2. Intrinsically, you bought a vintage 70's bass which is old an cool and probably as good as any P-bass ever made. You could compare it to an expensive Vintage Fender and its probably as good as it gets.
    Keep it, and rock on dude!! Ibanez makes some of the best vintage instruments ever made.

superdick2112, Axstar and Mulder7 like this.
  3. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I know that guitarists give 76&77 Ibanez Les Paul copies respect.

Can't comment on the bass.

4. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    I like the second way better lol. It seems like the prices are all over the place for these basses the more I read.

MobileHolmes likes this.
  5. rumbl3r

rumbl3r

Nov 22, 2017
    I have a '77 P model and a '76 Jazz (the zebrawood version) and I can honestly say, they are the @#$%! Play and sound like any vintage Fender (and maybe then some in some cases) And are starting to drastically increase in value. So don't worry. If it is in good nick, love it and play it!

Mulder7 likes this.
  6. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    Just wanted to post an update, I love this bass so much. Super playable and sounds like a vintage Fender. Glad I got it. All my friends are jealous

Groove Doctor and rumbl3r like this.
  7. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Let’s see pictures!

8. Mulder7

Mulder7

May 4, 2017
    This is the only one I had on my phone

Attached Files:

Nunovsky likes this.
  9. rumbl3r

rumbl3r

Nov 22, 2017
    Killer! Have the exact same one.

Mulder7 likes this.
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice. I love maple neck, sunburst Pbasses. I'm mainly a jazz bass guy but I just joined a TOP style band and am looking for a vintage Pbass to use.

Mulder7 likes this.