Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez 1980 Studio 8-string Bass ST980

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jagerphan84, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jagerphan84

jagerphan84

Aug 1, 2004
    1980 Ibanez ST980 8-string Studio bass in excellent condition with original hardshell case, adjustment tools and paperwork.

This bass features a brass bridge with adjustable saddles for each individual string for proper intonation. The 32" scale, 24-fret neck has dual truss rods for maximum control over the neck relief and action. The pickups are the original Super T4 Humbuckers and the controls are pickup selector switch, volume, tone, additional 6-position tone switch, active gain, and active/passive switch. The active circuit is powered by a 9-volt battery. The tuners have a thumbwheel which allows you to adjust the tension of the machine heads, essentially allowing you to lock the bass in tune by tightening the thumbwheels after tuning.

This bass is in excellent condition (I'd give it a 9/10), with the following imperfections:
    Pencil-eraser size ding on bottom of body, slight wear on one corner of headstock, slight finish checking on side of neck near first fret, and 1.5" long scuff on back edge of body. Take a look at the pictures here to see for yourself.

This bass plays and sounds great, and would be an excellent addition to any bass arsenal. I just have too many basses so I have to let go of those which I don't use daily. This is a great opportunity to pick up a rare instrument in excellent shape.

$750 includes shipping & insurance to the lower 48 states. Other locations pay actual shipping charges. Payment can be money order or PayPal (add 3% for credit card by PayPal).

Email me at adamalembic@yahoo.com if you have any questions or want any additional pics.