Ibanez 300DXL vs ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QU!CK, Apr 27, 2005.

1. QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi guys, I'm in the market for a decient "step-up" lefty. I'm past the beginner phase but nowhere near pro status and only play as a hobby. I'm only looking to spend ~$360.00 max (US).
    I'd like to get a nice 5 string set up but I know that's dern near impossible for my price range :scowl:...plus 5 string leftys are few and far between so I guess I'd be willing to settle for a good 4 string too. I'm thinking about getting an Ibanez SR300DXL but from searching the forum, it seems that alot of people dislike this bass for some reason :eyebrow:
    So if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to share...I'll keep an open mind, thanks!
  2. purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    I owned an Ibanex sr300dx which I liked very much. In terms of quality I would put it in the category of beginner bass +1 if there is such a thing. If you have ever tried the GSR 200 it is very similar but with active pickups and a bass boost. If you were willing to go used, I think you would certainly expand your choice. Perhaps other lefty players on TB might offer up some suggestions.....