Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez 300DXL vs ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by QU!CK, Apr 27, 2005.

1. QU!CK

QU!CK

Apr 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Hi guys, I'm in the market for a decient "step-up" lefty. I'm past the beginner phase but nowhere near pro status and only play as a hobby. I'm only looking to spend ~$360.00 max (US).
    I'd like to get a nice 5 string set up but I know that's dern near impossible for my price range :scowl:...plus 5 string leftys are few and far between so I guess I'd be willing to settle for a good 4 string too. I'm thinking about getting an Ibanez SR300DXL but from searching the forum, it seems that alot of people dislike this bass for some reason :eyebrow:
    So if anyone has any suggestions or comments, please feel free to share...I'll keep an open mind, thanks!

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I owned an Ibanex sr300dx which I liked very much. In terms of quality I would put it in the category of beginner bass +1 if there is such a thing. If you have ever tried the GSR 200 it is very similar but with active pickups and a bass boost. If you were willing to go used, I think you would certainly expand your choice. Perhaps other lefty players on TB might offer up some suggestions.....