Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez 65 watt

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassPlayerRH, Jun 19, 2002.

1. I've been looking at an Ibanez bass amp for about $225 (model ) I was wondering if this is a good amp. Does anyone have any experience with it? Thanks

2. I meant to say that the model is SW65

3. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    What's your application?

Do you have another amp already?

I have not tried the 65 watt model, but bought the 10 watt for my nephew to use for practice at home. It was used and I took it apart to do some TLC on it. I was not very impressed with what I saw inside :rolleyes:

For $225, personally I would look at used Peavey amps, either a TNT or Combo (that's a model!) are easily found for that price. They are more amp for your money (powerful enough to play gigs with) and ruggedly built, too.

4. Hmmmm....The only expearience I have had with Ibanez amps is the little 10watt practice amp that came with my bass starter kit.Not to step on any toes here but it really was a piece of garbage.:( It did ok for learning and starting off,which,I guess it was intended for but.....much much better choices out there.Never played any other of their amps though.Good luck.:)

5. That is just my $.02 worth.If you can try out the amp for yourself bro. Hey....it could be what you are looking for sound/price wise.And please....don`t forget about checking out used gear.Some really killer deals out there!

Usul