Ibanez AEB10

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heretic, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Anyone had any experience with one of these? I'm looking for a decent acoustic to take with me when I don't feel like lugging my amp along. I won't be playing in a band setting, I just want something loud enough so I can hear myself when I'm practicing.

2. bump for the morning folks
  3. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i have one of these. but in black. dont get the black one. it's such a hassle to clean. all the finger print marks n stuff... but it's a decent acoustic. you said you just wanna use it for yourself, i'd say go for it. but if you plan to jam with other people, get somethin else. on a pure acoustic setting, the guitars will drown you out. but if you're alone, it'll do the job.
    i've compared mine to the michael kelly dragonfly. this of course doesnt stand much of a chance but it's not THAT far from it.
    oh and the fretboard it so easy to fly on. hehe since it's just like 32" or 30" im not a hundred percent sure.

but yeah enough blabbering. it's cool. there. hope that helped.
  4. How does it sound plugged in?
  5. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    i like how it sounds. round n solid. and by muting it, you cang get a pretty good "upright-ish" sound.

oh i just remembered that there's a newer version of this that comes with a built in tuner. aeb10i or something like that. cant remember what it's called. maybe you can check that one out.

another thing about the aeb, wheni got mine, the action was pretty high so i had to shave off a bit of the saddle.
  6. The model I'm looking at is the AEB10ELG. I can't get into the Ibanez site for some reasone so I don't know any of the specifics. I'm pretty sure the neck is 32". What type of strings do you use?

EDIT: oh yeah, any chance of some sound clips?
  7. mindflow

Oct 31, 2004
    San Diego
    i had the black one and actually just sold it for several reasons:

-i never used it. i thought i would take it out to the park or something or the backyard but it just didnt happen, i wanted to be plugged in.

-you cant use it unplugged and play with an acoustic guitar

-overall it just wasnt my style.

i would say get it if you only want to play by yourself because out of all the acoustics it is the best bang for your buck in my opinion. have to warn you the resale is not high at all obviously, it is made in China. as far as construction goes though i thought it was very well made for what it was and was set up nicely when i bought it. if youre set on an acoustic id say its definitely a good way to go for the money
  8. vic_6

Dec 19, 2004
    Manila, Philippines
    hi sorry. i completely forgot about this. it might be too late but i still have the stock strings on it. they've lasted me a while since i dont use it that much. just at home. and well, here in my country there arent that many strings to choose from. just adamas, which is okay. and d'addario which i havent tried.