Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass <<< HELP!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The_Ryst, Mar 13, 2005.

1. So I've been playing bass for about 3 years now, I still have a 4 String Ibanez Gio, cheap, yes, but I love it and it does the job for me. (I'm always up for an upgrade.)

Recently the Ibanez AEB10E Acoustic-Electric Bass caught my eye. As of late I've been interested in getting an acoustic electric. I love ibanez, the price (350) is REALLY good for the quality, and it looks quite nice.

My great guitarist friend offered to pay 250 of it as a birthday gift (which is in August, so I have time.) Do you think this is a wise choice for a guy who wants an acoustic so he can go play outside with his friend? For a nice tone and all? Etc.

I'm 14 years old, by the way, if that says anything.
  2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I have an Ibanez AB305LG 5-string and it is well made. I just strung it with Labella nylon tape wound strings. Don't expect to knock anyone over with the acoustic sound, but amplified it's fine.
  3. So the acoustic sound, I'm not expecting much, it's still better than let's say a straight electric not plugged in. And tone wise, when amplified, it's pretty distinctly different sounding from an electric, right?

So you think it's a good starter I guess.