Ibanez AFR Reborn

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Christopher, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Wes I AM

Wes I AM

May 27, 2000
    Tampa, FL
    wow, that looks pretty sweet. wonder how it sounds?? wonder how it thumps??
  2. although im a ibanez fan, after looking at those new basses, they look pretty fugly IMHO
  3. ytsebri

Sep 1, 2000
    They do now. The old AFR's kicked ass. Beautiful wood. Where do the get off taking a killer old bass and making it a "new" Ergodyne??? What's next? The Musician-shaped Soundgear Deluxe???
  4. three words
    eew eew eew

oh yea and yuck
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Luthite, single soapbar, slapcut, monorail piezo bridge(s), lovely jack connector placement, damn ugly headstock and oddly shaped body..

It can't be bad! :)
  6. Yup, sorry but I prefer the originals too, in fact I dont know why they stopped making them, they were the only recent Ibanez that I liked. They seemed like a return to the days when Ibanez DID make good basses, unlike those woosie Soundgear models.
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Actually, I think I like the Luthite better than the wood, as the spacy metallic finishes complement the spacy design. It's nice to see an innovative design trickling down, despite the fact that it seems to offend the more tradition-bound players amongst us. Variety is the spice of life.
  8. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i dont like those basses i just saw...they as said earlier are fugly...they also look a bit like the curbow bass's (pickups and controls) you can keep them....i prefer the sound of wood...thats just my opinion
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    hey, those look cool! I'd ge the fiver in silver if I could play it first. I like the things. Like Playing a sci-fi ray gun. Pass the EDA's baby!
  10. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    I like them but no one ever accused me of having good taste either!
  11. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hmm perhaps you could cover that headstock with gray
    sock or mitten or something :D

Yep, thing I like in Ergodynes is that silver plastic finish.