1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez again

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by David-Adler, Apr 29, 2001.

1. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey everybody,

I got an Ibanez USATK 5 yesterday and I am VERY satisfied with it. I played it to several rigs and combos right now and sound is just blowing me away. Its a great bass !

The B is very tight, especially when strung through the body.

My Bass is Black with a Black Pickguard and a Maple Fingerboard. Its beautifull but I would like it to look more interesting so I would like to know if anyone here knows where I can get pickguards for that model ? Or do you think I cut just cut the pickguard out of a Standard J-Bass Pickguard ?

David

2. W.J.

W.J.

Oct 31, 2000
    I don't think there are any other colored pickguards
    for sale , but why not paint it ?

if you cut it out of another pickguard ,I think it will not satisfy you . there will always be some kind of
    cutting edge left .

3. I don't think Ibanez makes the ATK anymore but you might be able to get parts from them.

Congradulations, thats a nice bass.

4. AssMan

AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    They still make them, but they don't sell them in the USA anymore (go figure, a good ibanez and they don't sell it to their biggest market). You can get an upgraded model too that has an additional J pick-up in the neck position.