Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ibanez agb140 HB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rhett, Dec 22, 2005.

1. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    just got my lakie skyline HB today, tried some DR HiBeams for the first time, and i believe my gas is cured for a while! at the least the newer, fretted, 4 string, dual pup, silver, 34" scale, (oh, never mind...)
    i don't think i've ever said out loud while i was playing "damn that sounds good!"

but you're reading this to hear about:
    the ibanez is a great bass that actually rivals the lakie for such a radical price difference imho in many respects -- solid construction with (nicer!) attention to detail, fast neck, great finish, binding is superior to an ASAT i once had -- but it gets smoked by the tonal options of the skyline, so i'm gonna let her and the ohsc go for $385 shipped to the CONUS. that's about average for going rate on ebay (plus a few extra bucks for the hipshot detuner - original included,) and the ohsc which is also in great shape and very sturdy. here're the specs and new price ($500):
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAGB140
    there are some light fingernail scratches below the G string which i've tried to photograph - should buff out easily if you know what you're doing ( i don't )

2. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
  3. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    bumpage

4. rhett

rhett

Dec 23, 2004
    Austin TX
    somebody is gonna love this bass like i have.