Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez AGB140

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigcardinal, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I'm a relatively new bassist looking to move up from my Bronco. I'm thinking about picking up one of these basses. Nice and simple, passive, 1 volume, 1 tone, just how I like it, and a killer look, too. I play rock, alt country, bluegrass, blues...nothing too extreme. Anyone have any experience with these? Or, for in same price range, would I be better off going for an MIM precision or something? Thanks in advance.

2. I think they are beautifull basses. i have one that i got in a trade, and i absolutely love it. the only problem i have with it, is that a normal length set of flats don't fit on them, so you would need to buy extra long strings.

Kyle Rindinella

P.S> you have a PM.....

3. Alan U

Alan U

Jul 12, 2005
    North East London
    Wonderful bass, I'm not sure if it's love but I can't keep my hands off of her. When I'm not touching I'm just gazing at her, like a love-sick teenager.

Rotosound flatwounds RS 77LD fit just fine. You just need to cut back the red cotton wrapped around the ends. No problem.

If you haven't already bought it, I'd really recommend it, especially for the styles of music you cite.

She's a big girl though. When I put her down and pick up the Precision it feels like a toy!