Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez Artcore ASB-140

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZiggyPop, Feb 3, 2006.

1. ZiggyPop

ZiggyPop

Apr 11, 2005
    Looking for some info on this bass. Anyone who owns one or has played one. Just want to know what kind of sound it delivers. Or any of the new Ibanez Artcore basses.

2. ZiggyPop

ZiggyPop

Apr 11, 2005
    sorry im a dumbass and posted this in the wrong section, hehe

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Do a search, the Artcores have been discussed A LOT. (I have one and love it.)

4. AndreasH

AndreasH

Apr 8, 2005
    Sweden
    I think it's a review on that bass in the latest issue of bassplayer. :rolleyes:

5. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I've played one several times. It's a very nice bass. High quality for the price. neck is a bit chunky but comfortable for me. Excellent fret finishing. Great looking finish. It's more attractive in person than the photos suggst. All in all, very nice workmanship.

Soundwise, with the factory roundwounds, new ones at that, it had a bit of a Stingray type sound. If I bought one, which I probably will, I'd use flatwounds. i think it would sound great with them. It's a strictly passive bass, which I like. Simple volume and tone controls.

It doesn't sound as dull and clunky as a lot of hollowbody basses, probably because it's not a true hollowbody.It sustains very much like a solid body electric. A lot of people try to compare it to a Jack Cassady. They do not sound alike. Workmanship is much better than the Cassady.

It's a bass worth considering. but try one first, and keep in mind that strings will make a big difference in the final sound.