1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ibanez artcore bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tomthedude, Nov 24, 2005.

1. tomthedude

tomthedude

Jun 8, 2004
    Scotland!
    Hey I got an artcore not that long ago, I'm quite happy with the sound but I was thinking about upgrading the pickup to beef up the sound a bit, but nothing major because I've never altered pickups before.

cheers

Tom :bassist:

Attached Files:

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

if you're happy with the sound there's not much point in changing pups cause you stand as good of chance of being disappointed as not. A Sans Di or MXR M80 (whatever) can be had for about $100 used and will fatten the sound without touching the bass, permit you to use it with anything, and you have the Di/other amnenities, you can by-pass it if you want, etc. If it doesn't cut it, send it packing and you won't be out but about $20, you may break even or make a little if you buy wisely. MF did have the M80 for $135 shipped and you could sell it for close to a $100 if not more used.

There are a lot of variables that will fatten tone but with a box, there's not much experimentation/trial n error to be done. It will fatten up tone. You could go through a lot of pups trying to get a sound or you may hit on the first try. I don't think I know of anyone who has genuinely been disappointed in a Sans. There must be a million of those things out there.