1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollows

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kazz3lrath, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Jan 5, 2012
    Are the Ibanez Artcore Semi-Hollows nice basses? Are there better ones for the money? They sure are pretty.

2. IronLung1986

IronLung1986

May 19, 2010
    Exeter, NH
    i don't really like them, although they do look nice. what i've found in most of them is weak, uneven output across the strings, and flabby tone. the build quality is pretty good, but the pickups leave something to be desired.

3. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    There is a general lack of hollow basses around the Artcore price range. I've not tried the Artcore basses, but I tried three Artcore guitars last week. One was a sparkle red ES355 that was hollow. The electronics were cheap junk, the nut was cut horribly (the tuners did nothing then *ping* the string retunes as it slips through the nut). The second was more expensive, semi-hollow and had a Bigsby. This one was better but still had cheap electronics and some sloppy wiring visible through the F-holes. The third one was a semi-hollow 12 string that had horribly uneven string balance (weak octave courses). For the money, and the name, I was expecting much better.

4. raslroy

raslroy

Apr 27, 2011
    Tel Aviv
    owned 2 of them...was disappointed and sold them both quickly. reason- cheap components (nut, bridge, p/us, etc...)

5. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    I once played a gig where some popped-collar dudebro band opened. Their bassist had an artcore bass with a length of cable coming straight out the F hole and into the amp. Ghetto fixes!