Ibanez artcore tone question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Collin.A, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Collin.A

Jun 22, 2005
    Just a few weeks ago I picked up a Ibanez artcore double cut simi-hollow body bass. Its an excellent bass for the price that I payed for it ($400), requiring no change to the action or neck right off the bat. It feels great to play and the tone is unique. The only problem it has that it has a bit of a mid ranged tone to it, and the pods do very little to change this in either way. I think this can be changed by going in and replacing the pod so that it will bleed more trebel off, and I have also heard that putting a nice Bartolini pick up will change the tone effectively. Both methods seem possible, but a bit pricy. Any suggestions?
  2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    New strings? To my mind, those semi-hollows are just begging for flats....
  3. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i have roto 77 jazz flats on mine....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    my new band loves it...i only wish they would make a fiver variant.
    i have the same kvetch about mine re: the pots, but...i can live with it, especially since it's the closest i will prolly ever come to having a ric...the sound is soooooo reminiscent.
  4. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I've had mine about 3 weeks now, no adjustment needed on mine either. I love the sound, I have 3 Rics and it's nice to have something a bit different. I can roll off all treble with the tone
    pot(entiometer) on mine.
  5. Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    I like mine with the tone at 10, gives me alot brighter sound, When I put it at 0, its just all bass, and there's not clarity in my notes.

But I can get my almost as growly as I want it to be, out of my artcore. If that damn body wasn't so big, I wouldn't have one problem with it. I also have the double-cut.
  6. JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    Is this relatively the same with the Dean Rhapsody? The four sting? I've been eyeing the dean at a local music store for quite sometime now.