1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez ATK:200 vs 310

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Xithias, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Xithias

Xithias

Jun 24, 2007
    Gijon (Spain)
    Hi everyone!

I want to buy an Ibanez ATK. I love the tone of the ATK300, but this model is now discontinued...

In nearby shops I can choose between the ATK200 and the ATK310. Somebody tried both of them?
    The ATK310 is 100 € more expensive, and I'm not sure if it's worth...

And what are the differences between the 300 and the 310?

I know I must try these 2 basses by myself to make a decision, but I want your opinion and experience! Thanks!

2. I vaguely remember the 200 being pretty nice.

3. Martin89

Martin89

Nov 8, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Unofficial Endorser: Ibanez, D'Addario, Zoom
    I don't like the 200 compared to my 305. Feel is the same but electronics just aren't what I've grown to love in the 300 series.

4. Wallace320

Wallace320 Commercial User

Mar 19, 2012
    Milan, Italy
    I had both (in the very same color: sodablue... new for 2010 for atk310 and limited edition for 2012 on atk200)

If you're lookin' for a StingRay (you can't afford) kinda sound, atk310 is equipped with forner TripleCoil pickup, with three band active equalizer and options from front and center coils with rolled off highs, front and center coils with fully open tone
    and front and rear coils in parallel
    All of this is not the very same yet close enough to MusicMan

Present atk200 adopts new CAP pickup, which is a double humbucker (4 coils) but all serial, so the switch just make you choose from front/both/rear humbucker (so close one another to sound nearly the same)

Furthermore, both ash body (really heavy) with rosewood fingerboard, atk310 is made in Indonesia, atk200 in China.

Cheers,
    Wallace

5. Xithias

Xithias

Jun 24, 2007
    Gijon (Spain)
    Thank you very much for your opinion!

Anyone else?

6. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Haven't played a 310 but I picked up an ATK205 (5-string version of the 200) about six weeks ago and love it. I hear quite a bit of difference between the front and rear sections of the CAP pickup, more that I thought I would. The active 3-band EQ is nice. The bass is heavy but not overly so. It came out of the box setup almost perfect, just a little tweak to the truss rod was all it needed. I'm very happy with the purchase.