1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ibanez atk 300 discontinued

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DADGUITARD, Jan 5, 2013.

1. DADGUITARD

DADGUITARD

Nov 14, 2012
    did ibanez stop making the atk 300 and if so why.

2. LoTone

LoTone Clean as an Entwistle... Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Quebec, Canada
    They did stop production about two or three years ago. As for why, who knows?

3. I believe they still have an ATK model available though.

4. They replaced the ATK 300 with the ATK 200. Smalled headstock,,smaller tuners,,rosewood board. The pickup has been changed from a triple coil to a (I think) dual humbucker enclosed in one unit. I had both last Spring (200 and a 300) and to me there was no sound difference. I believe the ATK 200 is a bit lighter.

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

The ATK has been on and off several times since its introduction.
    I don't understand why. The ATK300 especially is a great instrument.

6. gr8avocado

gr8avocado

Mar 23, 2012
    North Carolina
    They now have the ATK800 which I would be all over if it came in colors. I do have an ATK305 and love it. Don't think I'll be buying another 5'er for awhile.

7. TomA1234

TomA1234

Jul 27, 2009
    Fareham, England
    Ibanez seem to have a habit of discontinuing basses for no reason.

8. Reaper Man

Reaper Man

Jan 15, 2010
    MA
    Agreed, I have a 93 (I think), great instrument

9. Smoothmove

Smoothmove Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Lebanon , Oregon
    A lot of the time, Ibanez discontinues basses because of sales reasons, from what I've heard anyway.
    I heard that the Korean made ones are better than the Indonesia made ones, is that true?

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021