1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ibanez ATK 5 ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joiner, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    Hey,

who of you could tell me about the Ibanez ATK Series (the one with the pickguard) ?

Who does it play ? Is the b nice and tight ?

THANKS !

David

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    When I played the ATK305 I found that it did have a floppy B string.
    But there is another model, even more difficult to get, wich is the USATK wich PBC Tension-Free neck...
    That one sounds a lot better because is made of premium grade Swamp ash, and the neck is great.
    It also has a figured maple fretboard and 2 Dots instead of one in each position.
    Transparent colors and perloid pickguards.
    Very nice.

3. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I have an Ibanez ATK series. Sad to say, I don't exactly know what model (I know, what type of bass player am I????!!!??? :() But, it is a real good bass and I love it. I wouldn't mind having a 5 string of that bass since I only have a 4. As you most likely well know, the ATK series is discontinued in the US. So if you're lookin for one, have fun. :) If you just wanted to know about it, they're pretty good basses. :)

4. holderman

holderman

May 25, 2000
    I played the ATK305 in the shop, it had nice sounds but the B string was floppy.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i played one at a shop. even if i finished buying a second hand spector, i have to admit that for the price the atk 5 string impressed me. it's out of doubt that you do not have a stingray, but if you buy one you'll have a nice fat sounding big and heavy bass. really nice the addiction of a j pickup in neck position. really versatile bass too. i like it. but not so much as my czech spector...

6. I owned an ATK300 4 string. I personally feel that for the money it was one of the best basses available.

Construction was excellent. I could set the action incredibly low on that thing and never hear the slightest bit of string buzz.

The sound was big and powerful but had a good crisp top end. If you can find one you will love it. It is very heavy so get a good strap!