Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez ATK 5 ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Joiner, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Joiner

Joiner

Oct 12, 2000
    Hey,

who of you could tell me about the Ibanez ATK Series (the one with the pickguard) ?

Who does it play ? Is the b nice and tight ?

THANKS !

David

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    When I played the ATK305 I found that it did have a floppy B string.
    But there is another model, even more difficult to get, wich is the USATK wich PBC Tension-Free neck...
    That one sounds a lot better because is made of premium grade Swamp ash, and the neck is great.
    It also has a figured maple fretboard and 2 Dots instead of one in each position.
    Transparent colors and perloid pickguards.
    Very nice.

3. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    I have an Ibanez ATK series. Sad to say, I don't exactly know what model (I know, what type of bass player am I????!!!??? :() But, it is a real good bass and I love it. I wouldn't mind having a 5 string of that bass since I only have a 4. As you most likely well know, the ATK series is discontinued in the US. So if you're lookin for one, have fun. :) If you just wanted to know about it, they're pretty good basses. :)

4. holderman

holderman

May 25, 2000
    I played the ATK305 in the shop, it had nice sounds but the B string was floppy.

5. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    i played one at a shop. even if i finished buying a second hand spector, i have to admit that for the price the atk 5 string impressed me. it's out of doubt that you do not have a stingray, but if you buy one you'll have a nice fat sounding big and heavy bass. really nice the addiction of a j pickup in neck position. really versatile bass too. i like it. but not so much as my czech spector...

6. I owned an ATK300 4 string. I personally feel that for the money it was one of the best basses available.

Construction was excellent. I could set the action incredibly low on that thing and never hear the slightest bit of string buzz.

The sound was big and powerful but had a good crisp top end. If you can find one you will love it. It is very heavy so get a good strap!