Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ibanez atk 600????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Feb 17, 2003.

1. greetings y'all
    its been a long time since ive been here.
    well anyway about 4 months ago now i bought an ibanez atk600, at the time the dealer only knew it was an ibanez so i had to find out what it was.
    i bought it for $600 aussie dollars and ive been trying to find out how much they are actually worth, from what i found out it was made in the us in the late 80's.
    i'd appreciate comments from anyone who has one of these or anyone who knows anything about it.

thanks, heath

my bass is all black

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looks exactly like my black ATK 300. Maybe the Dealer was confused?

3. Chockoo

Chockoo

Feb 15, 2003
    Germany
    Look at the bass I
    picked up new a few months ago. I always thought it to be the ATK600-but not shure.
    Maybe the 600s had different colors too...would be glad if somebody can clear up that things?! Also I am very interested to find out what kind of type and quality my ATK is. Thanks for any Info about my bass.
    Only know ist has kind of stripped maple - bodycover (back and front) and perloid Pickguard. I püut in an replacemant PU, but can not so much about the sound -- quite unexperienced beginner- sorry.
    Hope that it helps.

4. Chockoo

Chockoo

Feb 15, 2003
    Germany
    another pic.

5. Chockoo

Chockoo

Feb 15, 2003
    Germany
    here...

6. Weird...

It looks like a different pickup and different color scheme.

but it could just be the dealer mod'd it and sold it as a new bass...dunno.

7. Chockoo

Chockoo

Feb 15, 2003
    Germany
    I changed the PU by myself, but think that colorscheme is factory. Im quite shure that the shop didnot change something-as selling that bass for 350 Euros. Even the Ibanez-Website doesnot make anthing clear....yes...real weird that Ibanez stuff....

8. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    The ATK 600 has an ash body with a maple top and a rosewood fretboard, whereas the ATK 300 has a plain ash body and a maple fretboard. That's all.

(Ooops, forgot the special ATK 300 colours. If I recall correctly, they were translucent crimson red and trans blue, just like yours, Chockoo.)

9. hey y'all
    thanks for your help.
    i forgot to say that the bastard the i bought it off scratched the ibanez logo off the headstock:bawl: thats why i had no idea what it was.
    im lookin for an ibanez logo sticker the right size for the headstock just to complete my pride and joy
    anyway thanks again
    :bassist: rock on:bassist:
    heath