1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ibanez ATK factory strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by nls666, Feb 26, 2008.

1. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Does anybody know what strings (brand, gauge etc.) Ibanez puts on their ATK305 (5-string) basses in the factory?

I think it's Elixir, but I don't know the gauges etc...
    What will be the difference in sound if I put Ernie Ball Slinky's on it? It sounds and plays amazing for a relatively cheap bass right now!

thnx!

2. IMO, and especially with strings it will depend on you, but my favorite set of strings on my ATK are Dean Markely SR2000s (they have a few different gauges so you have variety) I am using the Will Lee set, which is pretty beefy (47,70,87,107,127) they are the most comfortable and best sounding to compliment the ATK for me. not that theres anything wrong with the Elixers, but for me they are too slippery and too trebly (clanky). Like I said for everyone it will be different but I have found my string of choice with the SR2000s. good luck

3. nls666

nls666

Jul 31, 2005
    The Netherlands
    thanks for the reply, but actually I would like to know what the strings (brand, model, gauge et.) are, which they put on it in the factory...
    Oh, and it's a 2007 ATK305 (reissue)

4. hahaha I just realized this, I am sorry, its early >_< I guess I gave a great politician answer though :p I think they do use elixers (I tried one the other day and they had that coated feel, and I know Ibanez uses elixer for all their other basses) more than likely the gauges are roughly 45 to 125, that seems to be standard. Sorry again...just a shameless plug for SR2000s ;)